Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I picked up my car today from the dealership and the a/c is fixed. The dealership evacuated the existing refrigerant, performed a pressure test which it passed, refilled the system and stated it is now operating as designed. I have a 50 minute drive home and i had a/c all the way home! I would have preferred that they found a problem that was then fixed but at least its working.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My 2019 ipace blows cold air for 15 minutes, then it is warm! I drove from San Diego to the San Fernando valley sweating in 95-100 degree weather. Miserable!
Did this issue get fixed for you? Mine was "fixed", and then the problem has started again. I find it odd that the service department's explanation of low freon would cause the system to work fine for 15 minutes, and then suddenly stop working. You'd think it would be weak from the beginning.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did this issue get fixed for you? Mine was "fixed", and then the problem has started again. I find it odd that the service department's explanation of low freon would cause the system to work fine for 15 minutes, and then suddenly stop working. You'd think it would be weak from the beginning.
So far it has been working and it has been about 2 weeks but I am concerned since nothing was really fixed. I drive the car every day and probably put on 900 miles since the service. I will let you know if something changes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone, i'm facing the same issue with my Jaguar i-Pace SE First Edition 2018, but here's a very important detail:
Air conditioner on i-Pace will not work if the car itself is overheated, no matter how long you wait - if i start my i-Pace after a few hours of sun exposure, air-con will work just as a fan, without any cool air, even after two hours of non-stop drive.

of course i went to the officials with this, they checked everything, refilled the air-con's freon, upgraded firmware - but that didn't help. The only workaround is to use Pre-Condition feature, but that might take up to 30 minutes, not always applicable and doesn't really solve the problem that is obviously there!!!

i hope this will give a clue to someone. if the car is overheated - air-con won't work.

please share your ideas, contact me via PM if you need more details on my case.

·
Super Moderator
1,950 Posts
That's weird because preconditioning uses the AC, so it works when you precondition but it doesn't when you press the AC button in the car?
What happens if you drive around with the windows open to cool the cabin?

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's weird because preconditioning uses the AC, so it works when you precondition but it doesn't when you press the AC button in the car?
no idea how, but it is what it is. maybe while in PreCon it cools down something related to AirCon.

What happens if you drive around with the windows open to cool the cabin?
that probably wouldn't work as right now it's about 104 fahrenheit outside, but just for the sake of it i will try, who knows what will happen.

UPD: checked. nothing changed.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Using preconditioning might engage the battery thermal management system and allow cabin cooling?

Welcome to the forum, Saint!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everyone, i'm facing the same issue with my Jaguar i-Pace SE First Edition 2018, but here's a very important detail:
Air conditioner on i-Pace will not work if the car itself is overheated, no matter how long you wait - if i start my i-Pace after a few hours of sun exposure, air-con will work just as a fan, without any cool air, even after two hours of non-stop drive.

of course i went to the officials with this, they checked everything, refilled the air-con's freon, upgraded firmware - but that didn't help. The only workaround is to use Pre-Condition feature, but that might take up to 30 minutes, not always applicable and doesn't really solve the problem that is obviously there!!!

i hope this will give a clue to someone. if the car is overheated - air-con won't work.

please share your ideas, contact me via PM if you need more details on my case.
I have this problem as well but I only encounter it when I drive for a long distance and then stop to recharge at a super charging station in the sun. So I agree it is overheating related. However, I park outdoors in the hot sun for work and have never had the hot air AC problem before. The only time I have this is when I super charge after a long drive. If you have any more information, please let me know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I didn't experience this exact thing although I park inside at home and at work. I did have some 90+ degree days but my a/c always worked at first and stopped after about 10 minutes. I never really played with preconditioning.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts