Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 6 months of research, going through every option and waiting for the right time, I picked up a 2019 Ceasium Blue, Oyster, HSE

With California state incentives ending Dec 3 for the Ipace and inventory of desirable cars dwindling, it needed to be done this week.

Discounts & incentives:
$8k off from the dealer
$7500 FIT
$3k cyber Monday discount
$2500 California rebate
$1k SoCal Edison rebate
Free Charge Point charger and $1500 towards
installation
If this car was punched or demo, I could have received an additional $7500 off.
I needed to lease so I couldnt take advantage of more discounts

Picked it up from Fresno, 250 miles from LA and had to do my first charge with EA. I could only get 58kwh max from a 40% SOC which was disappointing

Some options I wanted:
This car didn't have the full leather option which I really wanted because the cheap material on the dash and the doors makes car less luxurious.
Alcantara headliner is not on this car either. I wish I had that

Some of the "leather" peices like the arm rest and the smooth none perforated leather on the seats are not soft and supple. They don't feel good to the trouch

Ive always preferred the 5069 22" wheels. They are gorgeous, but I definitely felt the difference in ride quality. The 20s were the smarter option

Infotainment is much better than I expected and Im aware of all the nuances and common problems with this vehicle so I have my lemon law attorney ready to be deployed if needed.

Overall I love the car and the color. The pictures don't do the color justice.

Here is a video of the car from the dealer.
Staff was top notch and they were actually extremely knowledgeable about EVs.

https://youtu.be/rrOMTds-JjE

Attachments

·
Registered
113 Posts
She's beautiful. I thought about the blue and went with black, happy but sometimes I wonder...

Welcome to the club.

Awesome on all the incentives you got. I factory ordered a 2020 so I got... none. Probably stupid of me but I got exactly the car I wanted and I love it.

You'll see a lot of negativity on this forum (and to be sure, the car does have serious issues for some people), but I've absolutely loved mine and have no regrets whatsoever (my 4 year old loves our "spaceship car" too!).

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
489 Posts
After 6 months of research, going through every option and waiting for the right time, I picked up a 2019 Ceasium Blue,
l echo the welcome and love your choice. I wanted blue, but the East coast dealers couldn't find what I wanted in blue. Pictures look great. Agreed some of the forum members have had rotten luck with their cars, but many of us (fingers crossed) have had only minor issues or none at all. You will love the drive and the feel of the car. And that color will get you plenty of attention.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She's beautiful. I thought about the blue and went with black, happy but sometimes I wonder...

Welcome to the club.

Awesome on all the incentives you got. I factory ordered a 2020 so I got... none. Probably stupid of me but I got exactly the car I wanted and I love it.

You'll see a lot of negativity on this forum (and to be sure, the car does have serious issues for some people), but I've absolutely loved mine and have no regrets whatsoever (my 4 year old loves our "spaceship car" too!).
Thank you for the warm welcome

Right move on factory ordering it. I would have loved to factory ordered mine as I'm very picky with the details

A lot of negativity on here but I knew all the risks coming into it.
I would much rather hear about the negatives because I think the positives are fairly obvious.
This was the only car under $600k that interested me and hands down is the best EV IMO.
Tesla wasn't an option for myriad of reasons.
I do love that you will almost never see another Ipace in the streets too

Reactions: Jtdavi3

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Congrats, I have same color and wheels and it is one of the nicest combinations. and yes on the 20” wheels, they look good and the ride/tire balance is better for an all season vehicle. It’s funny I custom ordered to delete the windshield heater, and I actually avoided the Alcantra headliner, they look too messy to me.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Congrats. I have 2020 Silicone Silver HSE pretty much fully loaded off the lot - missing cooled glovebox and carbon exterior accents. Limited color choices but I'm happy with the Silicone Silver. Unfortunately the Ford govt got rid of all the EV incentives in Ont and the fed govt incentive is limited to EVs under 50K Canadian - thanks Justin. I did get about $10K off the build price which was different from the dealers MRSP ($7K off that). No incentives for chargers either up here. I thought Canada was more progressive than the US - go figure. If Justin has his way vehicles over $100K MRSP will get a 10% luxury tax - it's going to kill sales in a lot vehicles in the JLR lineup. Ranting.

Anyway - welcome to the club. These are very rare cars up here - seen only one other. Love it so far even with some one off electrical quirks.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Congrats, I have same color and wheels and it is one of the nicest combinations. and yes on the 20” wheels, they look good and the ride/tire balance is better for an all season vehicle. It’s funny I custom ordered to delete the windshield heater, and I actually avoided the Alcantra headliner, they look too messy to me.
Yes I got the 20s also, the perfect middle ground I think.

I avoided the complete leather upgrade and the alcantara - I actually like how the "cheap" material looks better (and will hopefully hold up better with less wear with the 2 small monsters I cart around!).

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I test drove a few with he heated windshield at night because my night vision is poor (did lasik 20 years ago) and I didn't bother me as much when I learned to look last it. I would rather not have it though.
Being in LA, we don't need the heated windshield or all season tires

That's a good point point about the Alcantara. It's also much fluffier compared to other cars.

The FE suited me better with all the options. I was getting a Photon red (even though I like the blue better), dealer ran my credit and later in the day told me that car was sold.
Next day got this one that I had my eye on for months. It also has a later build date than other cars that were being discounted. I didn't want a 2018 build or one sitting on a lot forever due to the higher chance of battery defects

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats. I have 2020 Silicone Silver HSE pretty much fully loaded off the lot - missing cooled glovebox and carbon exterior accents. Limited color choices but I'm happy with the Silicone Silver. Unfortunately the Ford govt got rid of all the EV incentives in Ont and the fed govt incentive is limited to EVs under 50K Canadian - thanks Justin. I did get about $10K off the build price which was different from the dealers MRSP ($7K off that). No incentives for chargers either up here. I thought Canada was more progressive than the US - go figure. If Justin has his way vehicles over $100K MRSP will get a 10% luxury tax - it's going to kill sales in a lot vehicles in the JLR lineup. Ranting.

Anyway - welcome to the club. These are very rare cars up here - seen only one other. Love it so far even with some one off electrical quirks.
I love the Silicone and it was one that I really wanted but they are very rare.

If it makes you feel better I forgot there is another rebate for Southern California residents for $250 towards a home charger.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I love the Silicone and it was one that I really wanted but they are very rare.

If it makes you feel better I forgot there is another rebate for Southern California residents for $250 towards a home charger.
DOH!:crying:

·
Registered
124 Posts

Not sure where you're based, but I bought mine in London, Ontario and my salesman told me had sold 8 I Paces. But like you, I rarely see another.

·
Registered
185 Posts

Not sure where you're based, but I bought mine in London, Ontario and my salesman told me had sold 8 I Paces. But like you, I rarely see another.
I'm in Oakville. Dealer also said they've moved 30 or so this yr. Not sure that number is correct. There was a lot of 2019 black inventory when i started looking - 6 of them at Budds. Looks like they've moved a few recently. I hope more get sold - great car. Seems most people not aware an electric Jag exists.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts