Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 4 weeks of back and forth with AT&T working with their tech support and their "back office" support, my SIM card finally works. Their system seems very sensitive to prior activation and different sim cards than the one that shipped with the car. You would think they could simply assign my new SIM card number to the vehicle IMEI and be good to go. It was much more painful than that. First they had to take the car out of their system and add it back in to allow me to create and account and sign up for a data plan. That took 2 weeks. Then they had to cancel the old sim card out and add my new sim card in. That took an additional 2 weeks. And I was communicating with them daily. Just amazing in the day and age that it took that long to fix that.

So I have 4G but it doesn't say LTE and the top speed I have found is about 20 MBS. With AT&T on a cell phone here I almost always get over 100. Anyone else done a speed test with theirs to see how fast the connection is?

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
681 Posts
Congrats. I too now have 4G after my Servicing dealer replaced my SIM card. I called Jaguar and AT&T and they have NO record of the new SIM card though...2 weeks after getting the new SIM. So of course I cannot add the new SIM card to my AT&T my mobile data account.

In 3 months, I do not know what will happen when the "free 90 day trial period" ends :-O If my 4G dies in 3 months, I am fairly certain I will not spend more time with Jaguar and AT&T to get it fixed.

I cannot understand how Jaguar and AT&T cannot get their sh*t together. I have never done a speed test.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
85 Posts
I was an existing AT&T Wireless customer when I bought my I-Pace. My 4G didn't work properly at first, and then I received an email from AT&T indicating that I needed to activate my AT&T "my car" account, which added the Jaguar to my existing account. Once I did that, everything has worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm critical of JLR at times, but I think this is more of an AT&T issue. I've had three cars on my mobile share plan and each activation has needed an hour at the main AT&T store in Orlando to get it working.

Quick Tip: If you use an iPhone, set it to "Low Data Mode" for the I Pace WiFi. That will keep the phone from attempting data intensive tasks like syncing photos or backing up to icloud. I'm pretty sure that Android has a similar setting.

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
681 Posts
@Pollo de muerte ....according to AT&T, this is a JAGUAR thing. It is up to Jaguar to report the SIM ICCID, and they did not do it for the SIM that came in my 2020, and they have not done it for the replaced SIM. AT&T says Jaguar is causing all the 4G issues :( Maybe it is blame, blame and they both suck at this!?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've had problems with other makes and the AT&T manager here in Orlando told me that AT&T's systems for in-car 4G are really messed up.

It wouldn't shock me if there was some blame all around, however.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Pollo de muerte ....according to AT&T, this is a JAGUAR thing. It is up to Jaguar to report the SIM ICCID, and they did not do it for the SIM that came in my 2020, and they have not done it for the replaced SIM. AT&T says Jaguar is causing all the 4G issues :( Maybe it is blame, blame and they both suck at this!?
Mine was totally fixed by AT&T with no involvement from Jaguar. Took them 4 weeks, but they did it all within their system. Might have been initially caused by Jag but it was fixed by AT&T which the skeptic in me says means it was their fault all along. And as I said, it still doesn't reflect at LTE signal. We will see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts