Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,617 Posts
Here's one

I wouldn't worry about the weight of the car. The reason they're light is that they're small (18") and 'spokey'. About the same weight as the stock 18" spoke wheel.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Been meaning to do this for a year. Physically tested a Ford Focus 2012 18"diam, sport rim on the rear of an air suspended I-Pace. McRat's I-Pace specs say the stud diameter is bigger than the Ford's, so I was not expecting them to fit. Surprise, it fits.(barely). 2 suspension parts are about 1/8" from touching the wheel and I wouldn't ride around with the suspension lifted to o high because of an upper support that may rub. I plan on using the Ford wheel as a spare on a trip. I need to still get a cheap tall tire and mount it.

2012FordFocus18x8sportwhl1s.JPG

2019Stockwhl2s.JPG

·
Registered
X2, I-Pace
28 Posts
Replaced the stock 18s (which will be the winter wheel set) with 20 inch TSW Nurburgrings for the summer set. I wanted Pirellis in the OEM size, but they were on backorder so I went with a wider set up 265/45/20 continentals . I know the extra width will eat up some range, but the I-Pace will not be doing cross country trips, and I like the trade off in handling....and I love the look of the wider rubber on the I-Pace - and as a bonus, the I-Pace dropped 4 pounds of unsprung weight per wheel/tire (58 vs 54 pounds) in spite of going up two inches in diameter and 30mm in width (18s vs 20s and 235 vs 265)!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts