Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many EVs are in your neighborhood or building complex?

On my block and the streets around me, there are 3 Tesla Model 3s

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
My neighborhood, definitely below average in terms of housing in Palo Alto, consists of four confined short streets off a busy expressway, with maybe 50 single family homes from the 50s and some new construction. It's absolutely chock-full of EVs, mostly Teslas (mostly S and 3). There's also at least one E-Golf and a Leaf. Hardly anyone does not have at least one hybrid.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My neighborhood, definitely below average in terms of housing in Palo Alto, consists of four confined short streets off a busy expressway, with maybe 50 single family homes from the 50s and some new construction. It's absolutely chock-full of EVs, mostly Teslas (mostly S and 3). There's also at least one E-Golf and a Leaf. Hardly anyone does not have at least one hybrid.
It's fascinating the concentration of Teslas in California, especially in your area

I see tons of 3s in my area. You can't go a minute without seeing one.

With 50 houses around me, there are only 5 EVs, with 2 of them being mine

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
After my neighbor (3 doors down) fell in love with my I-Pace, he has one now.

So on our street, about 25 houses, there are only 2 EVS....our 2 Jags.

Up around the corner there are a minimum of 4 Tesla Model 3, 2-3 Model S, 3-4 Model X, a few Bolts and a plug in Prius (although that is not purely EV).

I am not joking, here in So. California you will see as many Tesla Model 3 as you will Camrys or Accords. We call them Cockroaches!!! :D ha ha

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
268 Posts
Most of our neighbors park in their garage, so it’s hard to say. Of those that part on the street or I’ve seen in a garage, there are at least 4 Model 3, 2 Model S, a Model X, and a Volt, in addition to our i-Pace. I’m guessing there are probably at least another 20-30 in the neighborhood (~400 houses).

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
I think it is safe to say there are less than 50 within 100 miles of me...and that is probably guessing high.
It always blows my mind when I'm elsewhere how few EVs there are. There are so many Teslas here it's completely insane. And you drive 200 miles North ... nada. Even on I5 north of Sacramento you hardly see any.

·
Registered
266 Posts
My community has about 130 homes. There are 8 Teslas (one X and the rest Ss), and I am told one other I-Pace recently added to mine.

·
Registered
111 Posts
In my neighborhood of maybe 30 houses there are three, and coincidentally (or maybe not) it’s us and the two neighbors across the street (Model S and Model 3), all the way at one end of the neighborhood in our little EV cluster.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts