Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a 2019 I-Pace HSE with about 1200 miles. I have never been able to get it to charge on an EVgo DC Fast Charge station. I have tried 7 different EVgo stations. My I-Pace has been at the dealer 3 times for the this issue and now they are telling me it's a problem with EVgo, not the I-Pace and there is nothing Jaguar can do about it. I'm really frustrated. Anyone else heard of this issue?
We have EVgo DC fast charger here in Scottsdale Arizona, I have used it several times and never had any issues. I would guess that the unit that you are using are either old or need software update.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,039 Posts
I had to stop at an EVgo charger today. The EVgo card swipe would not activate the charger. Fortunately the phone app did. I had to use the stop button (not the touch screen nor app) to stop the charge.

The charger was rated at 50kW but delivered 37kW, but it did work with my I-PACE. I only charged for 20 minutes (cost $6) to get me to the other side of Columbus OH where I could charge it for free. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've never had issues with evgo or chargepoint and I use them quite often. I always have problems with Electrify America chargers. I try to avoid them, but for road trips in Southern California they are the main fast chargers.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I always have problems with Electrify America chargers. I try to avoid them, but for road trips in Southern California they are the main fast chargers.
Wondering what sort of problems.
I've done very few sessions, but all in different locations between CA and AZ, and only had one short payment issue at first ever session.
Otherwise EA proven to be highly instrumental for long trips, basically being a straightforward alternative to Tesla Superchargers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2019 I-Pace HSE with about 1200 miles. I have never been able to get it to charge on an EVgo DC Fast Charge station. I have tried 7 different EVgo stations. My I-Pace has been at the dealer 3 times for the this issue and now they are telling me it's a problem with EVgo, not the I-Pace and there is nothing Jaguar can do about it. I'm really frustrated. Anyone else heard of this issue?
I have tried over 10 EVgo stations, none have worked with my iPace either. Jag tells me exactly the same thing as you

·
Registered
671 Posts
In my experience, EVgo chargers are more reliable than Electrify America chargers. However, most of them max out at 50kW.

·
Registered
3 Posts
More details from my experiences with EVgo chargers and my I-Pace:
Good - I have had no problems with the couple times I have tried FatBoy type chargers from EVgo.
Bad - As mentioned in my first post, I have seven older EVgo chargers near me. Six of them have never worked in the nine months I have had my I-Pace, while one has always worked for me. I finally realized that all seven of these older chargers are Efacec units. So when I am possibly going to stop at an EVgo charger which I have not used before, I always check the details for that charger and if it is an Efacec charger, I pass it by for another vendor's station. Being an old software guy, my assumption is that the older Efacec units have a software issue which won't allow them to talk with an I-Pace to initiate a charging session.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts