Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2019 I-Pace HSE with about 1200 miles. I have never been able to get it to charge on an EVgo DC Fast Charge station. I have tried 7 different EVgo stations. My I-Pace has been at the dealer 3 times for the this issue and now they are telling me it's a problem with EVgo, not the I-Pace and there is nothing Jaguar can do about it. I'm really frustrated. Anyone else heard of this issue?

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
245 Posts
No, haven't heard of this one. I haven't used it in months, but soon after I got my car in January 2019 I used the EVgo site at San Francisco Premium Outlets (liars, it's in Livermore), and had no issue. I used their RFID card and it worked like a charm.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have a 2019 I-Pace HSE with about 1200 miles. I have never been able to get it to charge on an EVgo DC Fast Charge station. I have tried 7 different EVgo stations. My I-Pace has been at the dealer 3 times for the this issue and now they are telling me it's a problem with EVgo, not the I-Pace and there is nothing Jaguar can do about it. I'm really frustrated. Anyone else heard of this issue?
There are 2 different models of EVgo fast chargers and one (I'll have to look it up) didn't work with my car while others have reported that the other model does work. All EVgo stations in my city do not work with my car. I hope the H280 update will help.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Last summer the EVgo model that other members reported as working is: ABB Terra 53. The model that didn't work with my car was: BTC Fatboy. I haven't tried to charge at EVgo since last summer but I contacted them to report the issue.

The EVgo app has a search function to locate the model number that works with the I-Pace.

Other members please write about your experiences with EVgo.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I’ve used several EVGo stations. I think one did not work and it was a BTC Fatboy, but I’ve used that model elsewhere before without issue (so I assumed it was that one charger).

it is unfortunately common for peoplre to simply pass the buck when they don’t know the answer rather than admit they don’t know the answer. Somehow saying that a whole model of charger that certainly was compliant to a standard was at fault rather than realize that there is likely a more complicated story seems easier.

·
Registered
292 Posts
The problem with an individual model was acknowledged by EVgo when I contacted them. They reported that they were working on a fix. This was last summer and I haven't tried to charge again.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I have used two different BTC FATBOY chargers in the Cincinnati, OH, area in August of last year and January of this year without any problem.

·
Registered
292 Posts
My experience was completely different. First commercial charge fried my charging system so 10 days in the shop. After repairs I tried 3 other stations around town with no luck. Tried the only EA station in the area and worked like a charm.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Have you tried a different charging brand, ChargePoint or EA? If you're able to charge then that's the answer.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Bought my I-Pace Jan 30 2019 FE and my first DC Fast Charge was an EVgo BTC Fatboy in Feb 2019 no problem. Never have had a problem with EVgo and just this past Jan 2020 used an EVgo BTC Fatboy successfully. I just checked I cannot find an ABB Terra 53 around South Carolina.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have tried it here in Scottsdale Arizona, no issues. I-Pace charged ok. Some of EVgo units are old and not updated with latest protocol.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Somebody refresh my memory. It has to do with WHEN you plug the car in. IIRC, EVgo was Park, Test cable length, pay, then plug in? The order is important and don't take too much time to do it.

EVgo Baker certainly works, I used it a number of times since the first week (day?) it opened. But it has been awhile.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have owned my IPace for a year and EVGo is my first choice charging network. I have used their network in many different locations and never experienced a problem. I have found them to be the most reliable network. Worst networks for me are EVConnect and ChargePoint. Both of these networks are extremely unreliable and I have experienced multiple issues with both.

·
Registered
292 Posts
It says a lot about the state of charging in the U.S. when so many owners of the same car have very different experiences with a relatively few charging brands. It does make me think twice about taking a long journey.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts