Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I thought this was an intelligent and balanced, forward-looking piece.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2019/08/business/electric-cars-audi-volkswagen-tesla/
We will see if VW's engineering finally catches up with their rhetoric. A few car companies have made Clean Sheet EVs already, and VW isn't one of them.
I'm not entirely convinced that GM is out of the race as CNN projects. They are AV leader right now in automakers. Ahead of Tesla technologically. Many say ahead of Google/Waymo.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Peculiar that there is ZERO mention of Jaguar, even among the early EV launches, despite its status as the first traditional luxury automaker to bring an EV to market.
Also, I had forgotten how UGLY the EV1 was!!!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Peculiar that there is ZERO mention of Jaguar, even among the early EV launches, despite its status as the first traditional luxury automaker to bring an EV to market.
Also, I had forgotten how UGLY the EV1 was!!!
Yeah, the article focused on VW/Audi defeating Tesla. Even though they have been mostly hot air.

The EV1 is what happens when you let just the engineers design the car and fire all the accountants and marketing people.

It still has the lowest CdA of any highway vehicle sold in a quantity of over 1,000 units no matter WHAT Mercedes claims. Slicker than the Gen1 Insight, and almost as slick as the $150k Volkwagen XL1 (tragically slow, 200 sold to public after a lottery). It could be argued the XL1 was not a safe highway car due to poor performance if the battery (PHEV) is not charged. When fully charged and the diesel engine is warmed up, it can hit 60 mph in just under 12 seconds with a light driver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts