Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here actually owned an EV or at least understands any of the EV jargon? I sure as heck have no experience whatsoever and don't understand jack. All I need to know is how far it can go, how long it'll take to charge, and that's pretty much it. :|

What's your experience or knowledge like?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I test drove a Volt and Bolt. Coming from a history of big engine cars that always had great off the line power, the fact EV's have that too is a big pull. But im not just looking to have fun, the smoothness of these is unlike most regular commuter cars I had.

Can't wait to chirp the tires on this.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard although they don't look like much, they are pretty peppy off the line. Guess it's that instant torque thing that really pulls the hype with them performance wise?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Pretty much, in electric motors, maximum torque is produced from the get-go. That's probably a feature most people who use EVs as their daily drive in the city would appreciate.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh I can definitely see how that would benefit me when maneuvering my way around downtown. It'll even help a lot when dealing with traffic on the highways too.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Oh I can definitely see how that would benefit me when maneuvering my way around downtown. It'll even help a lot when dealing with traffic on the highways too.
Taking over other vehicles is a big one for me since you often have to be very quick to swerve in. Had slower cars before and although you would see possible spots to swerve in, because of how slow the car is, it was impossible to make the move safely.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, and I've seen many accidents where people think they can make it but the car just doesn't have that get-up and go. Sucks to see it happen, but it does.

·
Registered
155 Posts
How long it takes to charge an EV will be dependent on the EVSE and the I-Pace. Charging slows down once the batteries are closer to fully charged and that changes depending on the EV.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hopefully Jaguar offers some type of concierge service to make life easier if we want to go that route and pay for it because it will for a fact come at a cost. Just the ease of finding places to charge makes it worth while to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts