Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I picked up my new 2019 I-Pace yesterday (37 miles at time of delivery) the Service Dept. said EVERY current and available software update was performed and successful.

When I charge my car, it shows 100% charged, but the range is around 234-238. Shouldn't the range be higher, if I have the range boost update?

On my BMW i3S, the 100% full charge would vary too, but this seems kind of low.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You don't have the range boost update. It's not available to US yet
Crazy...my dealer kept telling to me that I got the new range boost update on Tues 12/17/19. I guess this was just a boast about the boost ;)

Dealers and Service centers don't know their a** from their heads sometimes!

My car says....Software up to date & 19C_19.46.4-458817

Thanks for the reply!

·
Super Moderator
2,266 Posts
Crazy...my dealer kept telling to me that I got the new range boost update on Tues 12/17/19. I guess this was just a boast about the boost ;)

Thanks for the reply!
Hmmmm ... maybe you did? At any rate, don't trust the GoM

·
Super Moderator
1,159 Posts
When I picked up my new 2019 I-Pace yesterday (37 miles at time of delivery) the Service Dept. said EVERY current and available software update was performed and successful.

When I charge my car, it shows 100% charged, but the range is around 234-238. Shouldn't the range be higher, if I have the range boost update?

On my BMW i3S, the 100% full charge would vary too, but this seems kind of low.
Thanks!
Maybe 234 is exactly right based on your current driving style/environmental conditions? What has your average consumption been? If you consider you have approximately 84kWh in the battery you can then check your estimated range, which is all the distance to empty gauge is doing. Of course, when launched it was promised to be ‘smart’ and adjust, dependent on an undefined set of circumstances. It has proven to be not so smart and at some point JLR ‘broke’ it as many owners were stuck at a fixed ‘range’ of 201 or 282. Naturally there is zero relation between that and actual consumption. As I have said a million times before, determine your own range based on actual consumption when you need to (taking a long trip) otherwise why even look at it?

So, if you are averaging 34.7kWh/100miles (2.9miles/kWh) your gauge is accurate. Just remember, the minute something changes from the norm, strong wind, changing elevation, temperature change, speed change , etc. that gauge will no longer provide meaningful data, but it likely never has anyway. Ignore it.

·
Registered
427 Posts

Thanks for the reply!
Deutsch - S19C is just the infotainment software. check Software update, and you should also see Telematics at 18.2 and current Battery Management . You won't see the other campaigns without going into Topix. I had scheduled my car for H264, which is the range extender software and the service manager confirmed that it is not released in North America yet. I checked TopiX this morning and the campaign is still not listed.

So you are likely current on all other updates, but not H264.

I would not be overly concerned with what the car estimates as your range since this number constantly adjusts based upon your driving habits. 234 is the EPA range based upon mixed driving, but 190 to 200 is more likely for all freeway driving and lower at higher speeds.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My Topix shows H264 as a campaign, and has for more than a week now (if it's indeed the same thing). I haven't called the dealership yet about getting it installed...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am so sorry if this is an ignorant question, but what is Topix? Is this accessed somewhere on the main screen? Under software update, I do not see Topix.

Sorry & Thanks.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Topix is a JLR system used by dealers to determine what maintenance is required for their vehicles. You can access it at https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/index. Seeing more info than what recalls apply to your car requires a subscription, which is a bit pricey.
Thank you. So everyone that is talking about what Topix says subscribed? The page says for JLR dealers on independent shops? This Topix is open for consumers? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Each time I plug my new I-Pace in, the 100% charge complete range keeps going up!

I've now seen 236, 244 and now 260...and it's cold here too (well..."California cold"), about 45F!

·
Super Moderator
2,266 Posts
Each time I plug my new I-Pace in, the 100% charge complete range keeps going up!

I've now seen 236, 244 and now 260...and it's cold here too (well..."California cold"), about 45F!
It might as well show you a million miles ... you'll only know what the range is when you do the %SoC vs miles driven comparison. Or you can just noodle it down to 0% and see how many miles you got out of it. :cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts