Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was driving my XJL once on a kind of twisty two lane road that had fences, then hills, then open area, and kept transitioning on the passenger side. Eventually a notification came up and said blind spot not available, the terrain and transitions confused it. After I stopped/started the car, it went back to normal, fault cleared. I suspect the same could be the case where it is environmental based and the confusion is the resulting unavailable notification you get for lane keep assist. I checked with my OBD II reader later and didn't find any residual faults present.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been having the same exact issue since 500 miles on it. Does not reset. Brought to dealer and was told its a known issue but no recall yet nor fix available. I have 1400 miles now.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I use it fairly often just because I have been experimenting with just how well it works in all different situations. I find on typical Interstates it is almost flawless. If I want to "change lanes" all I do is toggle it off with the lower right button on the wheel and then toggle it back on once in the new lane. Doing so only takes about 3 seconds for it to re-engage on an interstate.

On Highways and parkways which can have significantly more aggressive turns the system has a hard time keeping up on the initial turn when it is more than 2 inch sudden deviation int he steering wheel. In those instances somewhat dangerously, it just gives up and tries to just plow straight ahead. Again a toggle and re-engage after the turn is completed works very well.

The 20 second hand reminder freaks my wife out when she hears the alarm, so I try to travel with my hand resting at the 6 o'clock position and just every so often wiggle to keep it from warning.

Anyone have any different experiences?
Hey guys. So I THINK I have this, LKA and ACC. What I notice is mine seems to take a long time to acquire the lanes, and then it will lose one of the markers (usually the inside lane marker) a lot. I have ACC on a Ford and it reads the road almost instantly. The car is brand new, windshield is clear. Anyone else seeing this?

·
Registered
37 Posts
My IPACE takes a long time to read the lanes. It seems like at night time, the LKA does a lot better because I am assuming the markers are lit up and reflecting so it’s easier to pick up. During the day, I can barely use the LKA. It will either lose the right or left marker and not reliable enough to use it consistently unless I am on the highway at night. Another issue I notice is that at times the LKA will catch it right away and the car will gently move back into the lane and at times it will react jerky and almost scare me a bit.

·
Super Moderator
2,269 Posts
My IPACE takes a long time to read the lanes. It seems like at night time, the LKA does a lot better because I am assuming the markers are lit up and reflecting so it’s easier to pick up. During the day, I can barely use the LKA. It will either lose the right or left marker and not reliable enough to use it consistently unless I am on the highway at night. Another issue I notice is that at times the LKA will catch it right away and the car will gently move back into the lane and at times it will react jerky and almost scare me a bit.
It does not sound normal, but everyone experiences these things differently. You might ask your dealer for a test drive in another I-Pace.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah, that's my experience to a T.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
830 Posts
The cameras on the bottoms of the side mirrors are also used in this feature. Make sure they are clean too.

·
Premium Member
2019 I-Pace HSE - Borasco Grey
205 Posts
Driving yesterday I rechecked LKA and it typically engaged within a second or two. It keeps lanes pretty smoothly and centered unless it loses tracking, which is unusual unless the lines on the road are unusually faded or have gaps from merging lanes or intersections. I'd say that the centering got better with the software updates that came out late last August and maybe even a tad better with H264. The only place I ever feel a jerk type of correction is when emergency lane keeping kicks in when LKA is off and the car thinks I'm getting too close to a road edge (normally when kissing the inside line during a curve when shorting the curve a bit) or when blind spot assistance thinks I'm changing lanes into a car in another lane, typically when squeezing over in heavier traffic to set up for an exit.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts