Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes, I get this alert when my cameras are obscured by mud or dirt. It clears when I have the car washed. I'll also get the alert in heavy rain or snow for the same reason. And I once got the alert because it appeared the system didn't fully boot up and by cycling the car (turning it off and on) it cleared. Hope that helps

Reactions: Daveipace

·
Registered
2022 I-Pace HSE Santorini Black
21 Posts
Digging up this old thread, I've started getting this message on startup since last night: "Emergency braking and lane assistance not available". Checked all sensor points, the Growler badge in the front where the radar sensor is, the side mirror underneath sensors, and the camera at to top of the windshield. All clear and clean. Started it up multiple times last night and this morning with the same error alert consistently. Even reset PiviPro though it has nothing to do with it, just in case. Nope, still get it.

Anyone else who's had this in the past (and not just from dirty windshield/sensors); how did you eventually get this fixed? I know it could be the camera, sensor issues, etc, but also read that some have started to get this problem soon after reaching 500 miles (I just hit 655miles). If it doesn't go away, I'll be scheduling service, but hoping there's something I can do in the meantime.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,093 Posts
That's an indication of a fault in the Image Processing Module. That is the module mounted above the rear view mirror and contains the windscreen cameras. It could be software needs updating or a re-calibration. Only the dealer techs will be able to deal with this once they determine if any fault codes exist for it.

·
Registered
2022 I-Pace HSE Santorini Black
21 Posts
That's an indication of a fault in the Image Processing Module. That is the module mounted above the rear view mirror and contains the windscreen cameras. It could be software needs updating or a re-calibration. Only the dealer techs will be able to deal with this once they determine if any fault codes exist for it.
Thanks. I was going to make an appointment at my dealership but now the error has now disappeared on startup. It was there for about 5 days, but magically went away on Monday. Hoping it was just the an intermittent software gremlin, but if it pops up again I'll bring it in. I also have occasional "Electrical fault detected" that go away just by clicking ok and releasing emergency brake. Usually it appears when a scheduled Preconditioning session hasn't occured. Another software gremlin that's been easy to clear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks. I was going to make an appointment at my dealership but now the error has now disappeared on startup. It was there for about 5 days, but magically went away on Monday. Hoping it was just the an intermittent software gremlin, but if it pops up again I'll bring it in. I also have occasional "Electrical fault detected" that go away just by clicking ok and releasing emergency brake. Usually it appears when a scheduled Preconditioning session hasn't occured. Another software gremlin that's been easy to clear.
JediMstr, I also have a 2022 I-Pace, which is now six months old. Today, for the first time, I myself got the "Electrical fault detected - click OK to clear" warning. I had just unplugged the charger from the previous night's charging. It seems that you are not too concerned about it. I worry that it's a prelude to the car completely dying at a really bad time. Do you have more info on the error?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts