Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today , I was looking at the user manual for the fuse box in the passenger compartment, and I found that fuse #31 is for the "Electronic Toll Collection Device". I have never heard about that device. Is that an option or built-in ? are you using that device ?

I also found that fuse #1 on the same fuse box is "Battery Sounder". It looks like like the battery has an alarm on it. I've never heard an alarm from the battery.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Fuse #31 may supply a pre-wired cable to the rear vision mirror console or behind the plastic front fascia for a user supplied transponder.

Pulling those fuses and cautiously probing the cable load side with a decent Auto Ranging Digital Multi Meter may indicate if that wire is terminated or open circuit. ( i.e.DC Volts -> DC mV -> Ohms -> Diode check)

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
46 Posts
I put ours in the sunglass holder; works great.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
858 Posts
I also found that fuse #1 on the same fuse box is "Battery Sounder". It looks like like the battery has an alarm on it. I've never heard an alarm from the battery.
In some markets, JLR products have a separate alarm that sounds off if a thief disconnects the main (12v) battery. This is prevented by putting the vehicle in service mode (a feature available in WattCat but not the Jaguar Remote app for North America) when legitimate service is being performed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts