Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My electronic key will not unlock any of my doors by pushing the little button in the door handles. My electronic key will allow locking of the doors by pushing the little button and pushing the lock or unlock on the key works. My wife's key works OK for everything. I changed the battery in my key twice, the second time I used a higher voltage lithium battery, with no change. This happened after the first time they tried to install the H264 software update. When they finally got the update installed a week later, it did not correct itself. The dealer couldn't figure out what was wrong and said they ordered me another key. That was a month ago. No answer as to when the new key is coming. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
830 Posts
Does this happen only on the driver door? Does it happen at the other doors? Only a CR2032 battery should be used. "Higher voltage" battery won't help.

You don't report issues with starting the car, so the key must be recognized once inside the car. Is it possible you have other stuff in your pocket with the fob (assuming it's in your pocket) is blocking/interfering with the signal? It may be the sensor at the door handle(s) not detecting the fob, and the fob is fine,

When I got H264, my car would not lock/unlock by pushing the buttons on the door handles, nor by pushing buttons on the fobs. Dealer test batteries and them good. Dealer left door window open, locked the car by pushing the inside lock button on the door. and let it sit inside their shop overnight. All was well the next morning. This does not sound like your problem.

"Smart Key battery low" message appears on the instrument panel when the battery needs to be replaced. You don't mention seeing that so that is another indicator that the fob is recognized once inside the car.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I hew been having a similar issue. No response when touching the button. Often is I pull the FOB out of my pocket and hold it up towards the window, the button starts to work. I also sometimes get an error when I try to start the car that no FOB is recognized,. Pulling it out of my pocket seems to solve that.

I'll swap FOBS to see if it helps and replace the battery. My old Lexus would warn me when the FOB battery was getting low. Nice touch.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
462 Posts
In another thread I was advised that the car would show a warning that the key fob battery was low. I did not see that warning message, but had almost identical symptoms to what you describe. Try changing the battery.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
681 Posts
About a week ago, the 4 little buttons on all 4 doors would not lock or unlock the doors. The key fob worked fine for locking and unlocking though. Once I locked and unlocked using the actual key/remote....all 4 doors worked fine for keyless entry and locking. Problem has not returned; 1 time only. A little surprise quirk, LOL.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My electronic key will not unlock any of my doors by pushing the little button in the door handles. My electronic key will allow locking of the doors by pushing the little button and pushing the lock or unlock on the key works. My wife's key works OK for everything. I changed the battery in my key twice, the second time I used a higher voltage lithium battery, with no change. This happened after the first time they tried to install the H264 software update. When they finally got the update installed a week later, it did not correct itself. The dealer couldn't figure out what was wrong and said they ordered me another key. That was a month ago. No answer as to when the new key is coming. Anyone else have this problem?
I have the same issue, both before and after the H264 update. New battery in fob has not helped. I'll be curious to see if anyone here gets to the root of the problem.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As an update, after 6 months my dealer finally got a new electronic key in that they ordered back in January 2020. They matched the new key to my car after doing the H280 update. Both keys now work to unlock the doors by pushing the little door button. I still believe this problem was related to the 1st time the dealer tried to install the H264 update.

·
Super Moderator
2,269 Posts
As an update, after 6 months my dealer finally got a new electronic key in that they ordered back in January 2020. They matched the new key to my car after doing the H280 update. Both keys now work to unlock the doors by pushing the little door button. I still believe this problem was related to the 1st time the dealer tried to install the H264 update.
What a weird saga .. glad it's fixed now 🍺

·
Registered
277 Posts
Mine still is intermittent Maybe works 25% of the time with either FOB. Not worth a trip but will have it looked at in the fall when the winters are put back on...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts