Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the car about a month. Its great. Noticing some minor electrical things. Wondering if anyone else had these come up.

1) wipers came on when starting car while in the garage, stalk switch was set to auto/rain sensing, happened twice so far

2) interior ambient lightning and footwell stayed on, i think this is supposed to go off after 20 secs driving, couldnt find a way to turn off footwell

3) radio switched stations by itself shortly after startup a couple times

4) android auto works well but only connects if i plug in phone after startup - need to double check this

So far that's it. Nothing major. Poltergeists?

·
Registered
577 Posts
1) yes. "In dry and often sunny conditions, optical influences and dirt accumulation on the windshield may result in the wipers activating inadvertently." It could be dirt, bug corpses, etc., combined with the angle and type of lighting in your garage might cause this.

2) Although the owner's manual/I-guide implies they go off after 20 seconds , that only applies to interior courtesy lights (e.g. overhead lights). The mood lighting will remain on. If your car is equipped with ambient lighting feature. you can swipe the upper display left a couple of times to get to the ambient lighting adjustment. Turn off, turn on, adjust brightness and color there.

3) not me (not yet)

4) yes AA requires being plugged in. I haven't checked if I can plug in before startup and have it active.

·
Registered
51 Posts
1) Hasn't happened yet to me - but the stalk is rarely on rain sensing here in PHX.

2) I have my interior ambient lights on all of the time... but prefer it that way.

3) I believe this is because you have told the car to learn your profile - so it's watched you switch stations a) at that time b) at that location. Mine will frequently switch to my Sat radio when I leave the house because I did that several times. You need to turn off control of A/V in your profile.

4) I have an iphone... but does also prefer to be plugged in after startup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts