Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if it is my vehicle or standard on all 2020 i-pace vehicles or I am just missing a setting. In my other new vehicles when I enter the car, the seat is back pretty far. As soon as I press the start the seat moves into my set position. When I exit the car, the seat moves back to give me more room to exit.

The Jag does not seem to do this. Is it standard for this car not to remember the seat setting until you press the memory button?

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
303 Posts
Unfortunately Jaguars (at least the i-Pace) don't have easy entry/exit. One of the areas it lacks compared to others. I really did like the feature on my A6.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
850 Posts
If you set up a profile, the seat will move into the desired position when you open the door and it recognizes the fob or fob/phone combo. Note that the seat moves into position when you open the door and before you get in. It doesn't wait for you to get in and press the start button. That can make it more difficult to enter.

It does not have the feature to "retract" automatically. I have seat memory 3 set to the down and back position. I press that for exiting.

It would be nice if they added proper operation via SOTA. I know they have the ability for the seats to work like you describe. My 16 RR has it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you set up a profile, the seat will move into the desired position when you open the door and it recognizes the fob or fob/phone combo. Note that the seat moves into position when you open the door and before you get in. It doesn't wait for you to get in and press the start button. That can make it more difficult to enter.

It does not have the feature to "retract" automatically. I have seat memory 3 set to the down and back position. I press that for exiting.

It would be nice if they added proper operation via SOTA. I know they have the ability for the seats to work like you describe. My 16 RR has it.
That usually requires an electric adjustable steering wheel as well, which is also something you expect to see on a $90k car.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
487 Posts
I expect to see the equipment and tech advertised for a car regardless of the sticker price. If JLR doesn't include an item in the car's specs, then I don't expect it. Whether I buy a car w/o that item is my (and your) choice.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I expect to see the equipment and tech advertised for a car regardless of the sticker price. If JLR doesn't include an item in the car's specs, then I don't expect it. Whether I buy a car w/o that item is my (and your) choice.
Easy there speed racer, not knocking the car. I knew full well it didn't have it when I bought it. Nevertheless, I have never had a $90k car without that option before, so yes, I would expect Jag to offer that option and am pretty sure they will in future updates.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
487 Posts
Easy there speed racer, not knocking the car. I knew full well it didn't have it when I bought it. Nevertheless, I have never had a $90k car without that option before, so yes, I would expect Jag to offer that option and am pretty sure they will in future updates.
Your welcome to critique the car. I love to read other's thoughts on the car, and I'm sure JLR monitors the forum threads. However, bear in mind this is not your typical $90k car. (As an aside - how many of us actually paid $90k for their car?) As much as we don't like to admit it, the I-Pace is a compromise between luxury and EV. The more gadgets you add the heavier the car, the worse the range. More gadgets means more $$ as well.
The issue of entry position seats was discussed at length months ago on this forum. While some would like to have it, others wouldn't. To my mind the extra complexity, weight, price etc is not worth it

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
303 Posts
I would gladly pay an extra $10-15k for a retractable roof. The lack of EV convertibles is rather annoying (I understand why, with 1% of the market being EVs, and 1% being convertibles, they shouldn't hope to get more than 0.01% of the total market with such a car).

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
487 Posts
How about full batmobile with retractable shields as well? (He says sarcastically)
Agreed, a convertible would be nice, although maybe just an opentop version. Bring back the glory days of Jaguar racing.🙂

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your welcome to critique the car. I love to read other's thoughts on the car, and I'm sure JLR monitors the forum threads. However, bear in mind this is not your typical $90k car. (As an aside - how many of us actually paid $90k for their car?) As much as we don't like to admit it, the I-Pace is a compromise between luxury and EV. The more gadgets you add the heavier the car, the worse the range. More gadgets means more $$ as well.
The issue of entry position seats was discussed at length months ago on this forum. While some would like to have it, others wouldn't. To my mind the extra complexity, weight, price etc is not worth it

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have been driving convertibles most of my adult life and just got rid of my 2019 BMW 430i Convertible and purchased the Jaguar. I think the Jag's interior is gorgeous. I have the basic shiny black dash and against the chrome it just looks fantastic. The BMW's interior was okay but not as cool as the Jag. I got rid of the BMW because living in South Florida now permanently it is just to **** hot to put the top down most of the year. My neighbor has a Tesla S and in my opinion the interior looks cheap and the seats, whatever they are made out of, look like crap. In my opinion the Jag is absolutely a luxury ride and my neighbor paid over 100k for his ride.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have been driving convertibles most of my adult life and just got rid of my 2019 BMW 430i Convertible and purchased the Jaguar. I think the Jag's interior is gorgeous. I have the basic shiny black dash and against the chrome it just looks fantastic. The BMW's interior was okay but not as cool as the Jag. I got rid of the BMW because living in South Florida now permanently it is just to **** hot to put the top down most of the year. My neighbor has a Tesla S and in my opinion the interior looks cheap and the seats, whatever they are made out of, look like crap. In my opinion the Jag is absolutely a luxury ride and my neighbor paid over 100k for his ride.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
That usually requires an electric adjustable steering wheel as well, which is also something you expect to see on a $90k car.
I agree that moving the steering column up and over for exit, and returning it to the profiled desired position during the seat position reset would be desirable. However, the I-pace will only move the seat back to driving position on entry.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I think the car is more than heavy enough as it is. If I could get the same performance with half the range and no motorized trunk but drop 1000lbs, I'd happily do it. Range is overrated, and EV buyers are as stupid as everyone else.

Reactions: sciencegeek

·
Registered
2020 S
63 Posts
The easy entry/exit feature has never been something I've looked for in a car. The only vehicle I've ever owned with this functionality is my '18 F150 where it seems a little superfluous. I have to wonder... how big do you have to be to need more room to get into an F150?

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
It can be useful for multiple drivers of the vehicles when the drivers are of multiple sizes. My 16 RR has it with the moving steering column.

Yes, added features mean there are more things that can go wrong and cost more to fix. I like it anyway. :)

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Another advantage of the easy entry/exit feature on an I-Pace for many (not me) is that while it is adjusting to your seat setting it is giving the screens extra time to boot up to avoid blank screens upon driving away.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would gladly pay an extra $10-15k for a retractable roof. The lack of EV convertibles is rather annoying (I understand why, with 1% of the market being EVs, and 1% being convertibles, they shouldn't hope to get more than 0.01% of the total market with such a car).
I would worry about aerodynamics of a convertible EV. Just having a rack on the top can reduce your range quite a bit.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts