Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Team I-Pace, UK/EU forum is reporting an imminent (2019) update increasing efficiency, regen and range (fast-charge, later).
An optimized I-Pace could be a truly stellar car. Here's hoping JLR delivers.

·
Super Moderator
1,580 Posts
Wow. This is big news. Those bullet points all make total sense, I'm glad the engineers were able to do all that.

Specifically, one of the bullets: I believe also based on some info through the grapevine, that the "Improved cell balancing strategy" reflects an initial poor design that caused some of us to experience bad batteries much before their time. I'm very happy that they may have fixed it. Should give those of us who will soon be buying (another) one some confidence that we may be ok with the batteries in the future. Actually, everybody should be happy about that, even those of us who have not had a bad battery.

The one other thing is timing for the various markets. This is being rolled out in Norway apparently? .. they're always first. I hope there isn't much of a delay for us here in the colonies.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I didn't see mention of the increase charge rate in the bullet points.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Vehicle range from 60001? This looks like all vehicles to me.
So I guess we just wait for notification.
I wonder if this is the range enhancement update and would be nice if it was SOTA.
If not I think a lot of cars will be going back to the dealers in the future.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just read an article about the Audi E-Tron's similar range boost and how its only for the European market for now. The article cited costly recertification in the US as the reason. I'm guessing Jaguar faces the same thing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Topix amongst other things gives details of outstanding details of campaigns outstanding on JLR vehicles. It is available in the UK, not sure about the US you will have to try it. H264 relates to the range enhancement software enhancement.

Attachments

·
Registered
427 Posts
Topix amongst other things gives details of outstanding details of campaigns outstanding on JLR vehicles. It is available in the UK, not sure about the US you will have to try it. H264 relates to the range enhancement software enhancement.
These are the campaigns (Field Actions) for the US Market and should cover Canada as well. I have seen campaigns posted on the UK forum that take a couple of months to be ready for the US.

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
If I were to guess, I would think that changes to efficiency and range require some sort of government recertification. The EU could have completed their process, so JLR is moving ahead in those countries. The US/Canada EPA certification is not done yet due to (insert your favourite reason here).

·
Registered
17 Posts
If I were to guess, I would think that changes to efficiency and range require some sort of government recertification. The EU could have completed their process, so JLR is moving ahead in those countries. The US/Canada EPA certification is not done yet due to (insert your favourite reason here).
Maybe not as I believe that the improvement is only in cold weather. The WLTP or EPA range should remain the same as they are carried out under perfect conditions. Link below details this.

https://www.ipaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2899&sid=e24ced15639f11994605eef658783bd8

1 - 20 of 47 Posts