Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today while driving I began my errands with full charge at 260 miles.
Driving without A/C, as the day warmed I finally turned on A/C, outside temp was 94.
Immediate drop of 35 miles in range.
As I was pulling into my garage, I turned off A/C and immediately got back 32 miles.
Can't wait to see what 100 plus day will do.

·
Premium Member
2019 I-Pace HSE - Borasco Grey
205 Posts
One the main touchscreen, you can pull up a display of what can buy you how many miles (estimated of course). From the home screen, swipe to the left to pull up the second screen's controls, go to Eco Data, and go to Range Impact. It will show you the impact of the AC, seat cooling/heating, and defrosting. The display just before that will rate your current driving style.

And yep, I had the car here in Austin during last summer and yes there will be a lot of range impact from AC. But for me it typically doesn't matter since I'm not normally going far enough to need the entire range. When the car has been parked out in the heat of summer or the cold of winter, I don't hesitate to use the climate-start feature on the phone app so the car is nicely cooled or heated before I get to it (for example, get it started as I pay the bill at the restaurant or start checking out at the store). Sure it eats up range, but its pretty cheap so why not?!

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
681 Posts
We have months of 90-110F, so whatever range is lost due to A/C use....don't care, LOL. I loves me some Air Con. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts