Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed the second of 2 unscientific, but real-world tests of my I-Pace range post-H264. Both were all local driving, never above 50, many short trips/errands throughout the week. Almost 2 identical weeks back to back (same roads, itineraries, etc.). The first week I drove exclusively in ECO mode with sparing use of AC, seat heaters, etc. (although heavy rains necessitated about 90 min of windshield wipers on high) and only a handful of "jackrabbit" starts. End result: I drove 227 miles with 2 left on the GOM for range of 229. In week 2, I drove entirely in COMFORT mode, with liberal use of my seat heaters, AC, and drove much more 'spirited' (jackrabbit whenever I could!). Week 2 result: I drove 220 mi with 2 left on the GoM for range of 222. At 100% SOC, the GoM indicated 260 and 256, respectively, at beginning of each test. I got H264 just 3 weeks ago.

This tells me that ECO mode has very little impact (only +7 mi) on city range, so I won't be so concerned about using it locally.

I'd love to repeat this for highway travel, but it will be harder to orchestrate. I really just want to confirm what range I can consistently achieve (200+?) at 75-80mph on freeway.
Oh, I'm in Florida, with temps in the 60-75F range, and I have the "range-limiting" 22 inch wheels, FYI.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
684 Posts
I keep using ECO, but then realize that the range is not much different than using Comfort. Also, ECO turns off my seat heaters in the morning, and we have been having a few months of mornings in the 30-45F range, and the seat heaters feel good.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Completely agree. The various modes are "drive influencers" not range extenders. If you refrain from stomping it, the difference in your ultimate range as between ECO or Comfort or Dynamic will be just a few miles (per above). Of course, the king is "low power mode" which seems to add about 10 miles of range (and pissing off Chewy), by shutting down "auxiliary power." ;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
And isn't the other result of your testing that H264 is repeatedly distorting the GOM? That's what I seem to be seeing as well -- extremely optimistic GOM at 100% charge, which does not pan out in real-world driving, even weeks after the updated, during which GOM has had an opportunity to adjust. I'm also seeing ~220 miles range mixed driving, while the GOM is showing 250, to start. . .

·
Super Moderator
2,284 Posts
Just completed the second of 2 unscientific, but real-world tests of my I-Pace range post-H264. Both were all local driving, never above 50, many short trips/errands throughout the week. Almost 2 identical weeks back to back (same roads, itineraries, etc.). The first week I drove exclusively in ECO mode with sparing use of AC, seat heaters, etc. (although heavy rains necessitated about 90 min of windshield wipers on high) and only a handful of "jackrabbit" starts. End result: I drove 227 miles with 2 left on the GOM for range of 229. In week 2, I drove entirely in COMFORT mode, with liberal use of my seat heaters, AC, and drove much more 'spirited' (jackrabbit whenever I could!). Week 2 result: I drove 220 mi with 2 left on the GoM for range of 222. At 100% SOC, the GoM indicated 260 and 256, respectively, at beginning of each test. I got H264 just 3 weeks ago.

This tells me that ECO mode has very little impact (only +7 mi) on city range, so I won't be so concerned about using it locally.

I'd love to repeat this for highway travel, but it will be harder to orchestrate. I really just want to confirm what range I can consistently achieve (200+?) at 75-80mph on freeway.
Oh, I'm in Florida, with temps in the 60-75F range, and I have the "range-limiting" 22 inch wheels, FYI.
Nice, thanks for sharing this. ECO vs Comfort vs Dynamic is probably mostly the gas pedal mapping to power output.
We all have driving styles; after all we drive the car.
So if you have a certain driving style, you will most likely adapt your throttle to your driving style regardless of the mode you selected.
So regardless of driving mode, because you use your driving style, the power consumption will be mostly the same ... regardless of mode selected.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I keep using ECO, but then realize that the range is not much different than using Comfort. Also, ECO turns off my seat heaters in the morning, and we have been having a few months of mornings in the 30-45F range, and the seat heaters feel good.
I switch to Eco mode first and then turn on the seat heaters and steering wheel heat. Both stay on. If I forget and turn the seat and steering wheel heat before selecting Eco, I simply turn them back on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts