Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you have probably seen on the news, we had a record temperature drop in Colorado today. Yesterday, it was 85 degrees at my house. Today, it's 28 degrees and we've gotten about 4 inches of snow. It's still coming down hard. I had a chance to take the I-Pace out in the snow and slush, and overall it performed very well. I'm pleased with it, especially since I haven't yet had the opportunity to put winter tires on it. It hydroplaned a bit more than I'd like in some slushy situations, but overall it was good.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the 20" 5068 style wheels that came from the factory with 245/50 R20 all-season tires. I will put proper winter tires on the car for the colder months, but I generally don't do that until mid October. This was an early season snowfall.

·
Registered
106 Posts
As many of you have probably seen on the news, we had a record temperature drop in Colorado today. Yesterday, it was 85 degrees at my house. Today, it's 28 degrees and we've gotten about 4 inches of snow. It's still coming down hard. I had a chance to take the I-Pace out in the snow and slush, and overall it performed very well. I'm pleased with it, especially since I haven't yet had the opportunity to put winter tires on it. It hydroplaned a bit more than I'd like in some slushy situations, but overall it was good.
Pictures please!!!

·
Registered
2020 iPace SE
41 Posts
Gotcha Dennis! Similar setup- excited to see its performance on the East coast slush lol!
Agree, PICTURES!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm in Vancouver, Canada, where we regularly get snow, and it's usually the wet, slushy kind that turns icy fast and has the tendency to get hugely rutted. Didn't occur to me try the ice/snow mode but it's a heavy car with good tires so did OK. What I did notice made a real difference was using the air suspension to lift up the body an extra couple of inches; that made the rarely-plowed heavily-rutted back streets a lot more comfortable.

Oh, and I had to stand on the brakes one time when a guy in a van lost his grip and came sailing through an red light sideways going at least 40mph. The antilock brakes did a great job, if a bit rough; not complaining.

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
46 Posts
If you haven’t used the ice/snow/wet mode flick it on and enjoy the significant difference. No snow but rain drops that will knock you over when it rains in TX and when I kick it in that mode it is a huge and welcomed improvement

1 - 11 of 11 Posts