Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question for discussion: When approaching a Stop sign on a slight incline, and another vehicle has the right of way should we come to a complete stop and engage the brakes. I have found on many occasions if it is only a matter of a couple of seconds before the other vehicle has cleared thru the intersection that I will hold the I-Pace stationary by using a slight amount of throttle, before pulling away.
Am I putting undue wear on the electric motors in this manner?

·
Super Moderator
2,355 Posts
Naaah, if that's your preferred way of doing it it's fine. Look at the consumption gauge, it's waaaay less energy than when you pull away. That said, I really like the hill hold and always come to a complete stop; once the brakes are engaged you can let off the brake and put your foot over the gas pedal, ready to strike!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Don’t even need to use the brake if it’s an incline, regen will stop your forward motion and as soon as the car starts rolling back the brakes engage themselves.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Naaah, if that's your preferred way of doing it it's fine. Look at the consumption gauge, it's waaaay less energy than when you pull away. That said, I really like the hill hold and always come to a complete stop; once the brakes are engaged you can let off the brake and put your foot over the gas pedal, ready to strike!
Yes, I hear you regarding the complete stop, but for the sake of a couple of seconds it feels easier to hold with the throttle. Guess I was always taught that holding an electric motor stationary against a force sets up hotspots in the induced magnetic fields. College physics was a long time ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts