Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers and front passenger windows are quite darkly tinted. Unlike the rear dark tint window where you can see that the tint is inside the glass, these two windows seem to have a layer of tint on the inside. With the window down there is a 1/32 inch untinted area along the visible edge. Was this an aftermarket dealer addition or do all the I-Paces have this for front side windows? Can it be removed so that I can see the side view mirrors better?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Mine was just the opposite (standard for most I-Paces, I believe): rear windows came from the factory darkened, while the front/passenger windows were untinted. I had the forward 2 windows darkened.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Front windows tinted was not an option in the US. Sounds after market by the dealer and this can be removed

·
Registered
126 Posts
Agreed, that would have been the dealer's handiwork. If you roll down the window a little you should see the edge of the tint ending a little below the top edge of the glass. They never make it flush to the top when applied aftermarket to prevent peeling at the leading edge.

You can use a razor to release an upper corner and peel it from there. It will be safest to pull back parallel to the glass (not directly at the perpendicular away from the glass) to reduce the chance of breaking the glass or pulling it out of alignment in its channel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts