Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Doom & Gloom or a pared down lineup?

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  Undecided 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Interesting read. I'm sure we'll all be watching to see if there are any changes going forward. Reduced models, staying with Tata, sold to another company, combination of changes. I'm really hoping, for more than selfish reasons, that Jaguar stays around for a long time. I think they have a lot to offer in design and tech, but obviously have some work to do to carve out a stable and profitable segment to serve.

#4 ·
I went through it when Saab went bankrupt. No parts, awful resale and general sadness that my favorite car brand was gone. I had the last model of 9-5 which was an amazing car but couldn't find an air filter or replacement parts for the rear light assembly. 10 years later and I still hope they come back.

#9 ·
Here we can read that "Jaguar Land Rover did not qualify for taxpayer support and Jaguar Land Rover also was unwilling to accept decarbonization requirements that would have forced the automaker to accelerate its program of vehicle electrification and phase out the diesel cars that still make up most of its fleet".

#11 ·
All manufacturers will currently be losing sales, as vehicle purchases can be delayed if possible.

In Australia we lost our last car plants GM (Holden), Ford and Toyota, when our current government refused aid well after the GFC. This killed off most of the local component makers too.

GM recently announced ceasing global production of right hand drive cars for our market. GM dealers have been abandoned and many RHD passenger cars no longer available. Spares supply may be similar to the Saab event too.

Jaguar like many British car makers has always been a small volume manufacturer followed by enthusiasts. It is still possible for these enthusiasts to restore many ancient Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles, as many small workshops in the UK still make replica body and mechanical parts. I hope JLR can survive with the limited sales they are somewhat historically used to.

Our enthusiasm for promoting our Jaguars my help them survive. I have frequently assisted and displayed my I-Pace at Electric Vehicle displays and driver day events.

Cheers, Steve

Reactions: Deutsch100
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.