Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the I-Pace heated windshield has any issue with toll readers? The people at the toll service center didn't have any notes on the I-Pace and said I would likely need to use the license plate mount. My preference is to use the windshield mount since you can turn it on/off when you have enough people in the car.

·
Registered
979 Posts
The glass on the I-Pace is coated with material that can block RF. But on the windshield there is a section around the rear mirror that has dots and this area is designed to allow mounting of toll readers, etc, so they can be read. It works very well.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
233 Posts
I've found that some of the toll readers in the SF bay area can read the token and others can't. So even with the toll reader in the right area it does make the signal a bit more on the "marginal" side for functionality.

·
Registered
35 Posts
No problems with the RFID for toll road E470 in Colorado. The tag is located on the bottom left from the driver.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
We live in a guard gated community, that requires residents to use a gate access code strip.

The ONLY places on the windshield on my 2019 I-Pace that will work are the designated little spots next to the rear view mirror. If I put the access strip outside of these two spots, it fails 100% of the time.

I am surprised tnhmp that yours will work where you have it!

·
Registered
39 Posts
For the "Good to Go" passes used in the Seattle area for various toll roads and toll bridges, I found that due to the size of the pass, trying various locations mounted on the windshield inside the car would not work (my car is a First Edition and has the embedded wiring for heating the windshield to remove frost). The toll authority had to give me a special option that mounts on the front license plate holder (so thus forced that I had to mount the front license plate as well :( ). The device mounts using screws that require a special tool to remove the screws to minimize risk of the pass being stolen by some ner-do-well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We live in a guard gated community, that requires residents to use a gate access code strip.

The ONLY places on the windshield on my 2019 I-Pace that will work are the designated little spots next to the rear view mirror. If I put the access strip outside of these two spots, it fails 100% of the time.

I had same issue, put mine on the top corner of the headlight and it works fine, the strip my community uses is for exterior use, and even on exterior would not work on windshield.

·
Registered
199 Posts
My EZPass transponder did not work inside the car (even in the dotted sections next to the rearview mirror) so I had to opt for the license plate mount. Even that I had to mount above and not below the plates like they usually recommend. I think the new tag readers installed in Northern VA/DC area are less sensitive than the old ones they replaced.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My EZPass transponder did not work inside the car (even in the dotted sections next to the rearview mirror) so I had to opt for the license plate mount. Even that I had to mount above and not below the plates like they usually recommend. I think the new tag readers installed in Northern VA/DC area are less sensitive than the old ones they replaced.
I have a new PA issued EZ Pass transponder mounted behind the rearview mirror. Works perfectly.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have a new PA issued EZ Pass transponder mounted behind the rearview mirror. Works perfectly.
That's great. Wish it worked for me as I hate the license plate mounted one. Already had it blown away once in the car wash. Are the toll tag readers in PA the kind that flash a white light (like a camera flash) when you pass under them or the old school variety with just the light flashing green at the toll plaza?

·
Registered
136 Posts
That's great. Wish it worked for me as I hate the license plate mounted one. Already had it blown away once in the car wash. Are the toll tag readers in PA the kind that flash a white light (like a camera flash) when you pass under them or the old school variety with just the light flashing green at the toll plaza?
Mostly the new variety I believe. I cannot vouch for the western half of the state, but most in eastern PA are the new white flash variety.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I got a handful of mysterious (because I used the device) FL SunPass tickets until I learned to put the transponder in the "dotted area" near the rear view mirror. Also frustrating trying to use my handheld GDO when I had a loaner I-Pace... had to open side window and hang it outside the car!

·
Registered
14 Posts
2019 First Edition with the heating wires in the windshield: Seattle “Good to Go” Flex pass with the slide to change between HOV and normal mode works well for me in the 2 documented areas to the left and right of the mirror mount. Any other location does not work.

·
Registered
35 Posts

Here is where I put the tag. They don’t have a problem billing me.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts