Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

121 - 121 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
The California Hornsburg LA Jaguar dealership said that even if I paid cash in full, their own personal policy or that of Jaguar in California prevented me from buying the I-Pace and then shipping it to Hawaii, UNLESS I registered the car in the state first!!! They didn’t say it, but I’m assuming this is so that they protect margins in other less competitive Jaguar territories. I am super bummed. Wanted to buy an I-Pace for Christmas with my windfall from my stock GORO.
Does anyone know if dealerships in other states have more open policies that would allow me to purchase new and ship to another state (Hawaii)?
That's nonsense. Did you try San Diego? They have aggressive pricing and they have sold the I-Pace out of state
So the dealership where i bought mine (out of state) explained the rules. Each dealer is allowed to sell x amount of cars out of their area/cycle. Turns out each dealership is independent (kind of, many shops owned by larger conglomerates) so this is why pricing differs. The dealer I went to was high volume, and policy was aggressive pricing. The other dealer in LA that I was considering said it "was impossible" to match the pricing.

121 - 121 of 121 Posts