Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting for a flat bed to tow me. The nightmare string of warning lights starting with the traction battery fault I got on the first day I had the car but went away after a charge. This time I’m stuck and can’t even get the car out of park. Not a good start to the week. :(

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
Oh no! I doubt this helps but did you lock the car and walk the key out of range? (It has helped me get rid of a spurious warning light the other day when a simple lock/unlock didn't work)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ken, sad news.

If the car does not self reset they should be able to diagnose the problem this time and fix it.

Be sure to request a decent loan vehicle to keep you mobile.

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just tried getting out of car and walking out of range and back. No joy. Had my wife come with a charger even though I knew I had no outlet. The long shot was to just plug into the car’s port to see if that did anything. Again no joy. I can’t even get the car in neutral. I just get a blinking P on the park indicator. Not good.

Still waiting for the tow.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ken, sad news.

If the car does not self reset they should be able to diagnose the problem this time and fix it.

Be sure to request a decent loan vehicle to keep you mobile.

Cheers, Steve
Steve, my concern is that it does reset itself and leaves no codes behind.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
281 Posts
Just tried getting out of car and walking out of range and back. No joy. Had my wife come with a charger even though I knew I had no outlet. The long shot was to just plug into the car’s port to see if that did anything. Again no joy. I can’t even get the car in neutral. I just get a blinking P on the park indicator. Not good.

Still waiting for the tow.
Sorry to hear this. Keep the faith. It really is a fun car to own and drive - for most of us, most of the time.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Oh Ken....I am so, so sorry. While my I-Pace has been near perfect for 6 months now....I have had a Range Rover Sport, an X5 and a Rolls Phantom that used to light the dashboard up like a Christmas tree with warning lights and sometimes a service visit would be 30+ days. I know how you feel inside!

I am keeping positive thoughts for you. I ALWAYS try to find a silver lining.....luckily this is happening on a Monday and not a Friday. The dealer has all week to trouble shoot and try and get parts!! Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow Ken, so sorry. I had the same issue with a loaner Land Rover and it was a software problem. You're doing the right thing by getting towed and it shouldn't take long. Other possibility is a bad 12V battery.
I just got a call from my salesman who told me the car had just come into the dealer on the tow truck. He's going to keep an eye on it. I agree about the software issue, but I'd be surprised if it's the 12v battery given that I've driven the car every day but 1 since I've had it. But who knows?

Salesman was very nice and indicated he'd drop off a loaner himself if necessary. I told him if it was just going to be a day or two I would be fine with my wife's car since we're not going anywhere. Otherwise I'd grab a loaner.

Hopefully I'll find out something before the end of the day. Disappointing, but I'm going to operate under the assumption (hopefully not unduly optimistic)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So these were the fun warning lights the car flashed this morning. Did it miss any? Any in its vocabulary it forgot? ;)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Could be a victim of the wiring harness break issue.
Geesh, I hope it’s not that. Looking at the SB, it looks like an involved repair requiring lots of parts. They only mention one warning light for that issue, but I got about 5. They do list 6 diagnostic trouble codes that may be in the PCM module, so who knows.

Right now a 12v battery sounds better and a software fix better still.

As I think about it, I wonder if that occasional hard brake with the need to push the start button twice could be related?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anyone tried to trickle charge the 12V battery? I'm getting some error messages (high voltage fault, charging system fault, electrical fault) and wondering if a low battery charge is the cause....

·
Registered
570 Posts
I recall one person doing that for a problem and was able to get the car functioning again enough to get it to a dealer. That may not give a permanent solution, though.
There are two 12V batteries. A big one (right side of car) and a small one (left side and harder to get at).

Either or both of them could be low on charge/faulty (best case situation) or the broken harness (there are varying number of faults based on which wires break) as a worse case situation.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts