Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry, I meant that theres a switched fuse in the fuse box by the passenger rear seat that can be tapped (its posted about in a thread somewhere in the archives, it's a 5a fuse for possibly the blind spot warning?)

The red wire is just for activating the backup lines when the car gets shifted into reverse - I didn't see that as necessary
Received this Pormido Dash Cam and I like it so far.
looks very sturdy and good quality but, when I put it on the original mirror, I get no space on the upper side of the pormido to plug the 12V and cam.
if I connect everything, the angle of the pormido cannot be used as a simple mirror.
how you solved this problem?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Received this Pormido Dash Cam and I like it so far.
looks very sturdy and good quality but, when I put it on the original mirror, I get no space on the upper side of the pormido to plug the 12V and cam.
if I connect everything, the angle of the pormido cannot be used as a simple mirror.
how you solved this problem?
I'm always using it as a digital mirror, so not too concerned with the angle. I did get a 90 degree adapter for my 12v lead, and then covered it all with some wire loom to clean up the look, and it works perfectly for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm always using it as a digital mirror, so not too concerned with the angle. I did get a 90 degree adapter for my 12v lead, and then covered it all with some wire loom to clean up the look, and it works perfectly for me.
Ok, thanks for your answer.
Will you mind to show me all the cables routing?
I think I will use your strategy to drill the plastic tube close to the rear cam.
thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very interested to know about the setup and cable run. I am intending to use this in a lease car, both as a permanent digital rear view mirror, but also to have both cams working to record. Any suggestions on how to install without causing any damage to the interior/lining etc? Would be happy to use the included 12v mini USB charger or consider a hardwired solution that can be reversed easily.

Thanks for your help!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts