Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I’m about to become a new I-Pace owner and very excited . I just put a deposit down on a 2020 silver HSE fairly loaded. List price is 89,620 and negotiated to 74,750 so about 15k off list . Also doing a trade in and believe they gave me fair Kelly BB trade-in value . Dealer did include phantom footprints and some protection services that I did not want for about 750 that I assume is mostly margin.
There are not too many well equipped I Paces other than black and white here in Houston
Does this sound like a reasonable deal for anyone recently in the market ? Would appreciate views and thank you for creating this forum !

cheers - bob

·
Registered
608 Posts
Welcome, Bob! Glad to have a new member. I can't speak to the deal but after the Federal tax rebate you'll save even more. Does TX offer an EV rebate?

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Welcome, Bob! Glad to have a new member. I can't speak to the deal but after the Federal tax rebate you'll save even more. Does TX offer an EV rebate?
Texas has a $2500 electric car incentive. We don't have state incomes taxes so a rebate is not possible. Unfortunately the paperwork is a bit of a PITA and they report it to the IRS as taxable income, so that dilutes it quite a bit. Some of the local power companies also offer rebates on charger installations as well. In Austin I got a little over $900 from the power company towards my charger installation.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Yeah, that sounds great to me! My gray HSE was right about the same sticker price but I only got $2k off sticker when I bought it in March 2019. As I understand it the dealer margin on these is unusually small so I imagine that they are about as low as they can go and are trying not to be too far underwater by charging you for a few extra things.

These are still rare around Austin despite it being a fairly hi-tech city. I think in a year I've only seen another one on the road three times. Tesla's are everywhere though. Even a year later, I still get people asking me about the I-Pace and complementing it when I'm out and about. A husband and wife couple just asked me about it on Thursday... they had absolutely no idea what it was.

Congrats!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replay . I did not even realize that Texas has an EV inventive - so bonus $$ there

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I probably need to thank the local Audi dealer . I was all set to purchase an Etron on the last day of Feb, the dealer told me they had a grey one and then I got there and they had only black and white . I thought “well maybe I should at least check out the I Pace.”

·
Registered
608 Posts
Whatever brought you to the I-Pace, glad you're here and hoping that you love your car as much as I do. After 10 months I still look for any reason to drive it.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I probably need to thank the local Audi dealer . I was all set to purchase an Etron on the last day of Feb, the dealer told me they had a grey one and then I got there and they had only black and white . I thought “well maybe I should at least check out the I Pace.”
[
How does the I-Pace compare to the Etron you were getting?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I drove the Etron just once . I would say the I Pace is faster, a bit more agile and smaller/lighter than the Etron. The Etron curb weight is 5600 lbs and drives more like a typical SUV of that size except for the electric acceleration . The cabin trim and finishing of the base Etron is better than the base I Pace . The IPace I am getting has the extended leather trim and sports seats so I’d say that’s on par . Etron has more room inside and a larger trunk . It sizes between a Q5 and Q7 or more like a BMW X5. The I Pace inside seems more like my current X3 so I like the size a lot better and that was a main decision

from reports , appears the Etron has faster charging - a plus - but a bit lower range. I do not think the Etron can do over the air software updates

price wise they are very similar . The Etron start higher but includes more that you have to buy as optional on the I Pace . Costco members can get 2500 additional off the Etron right now so might be a bit better deal but still close

·
Registered
794 Posts
I agree with your comparison
Good move in the extended leather. I can not understand that what isn't standard with the Windsor leather upgrade.
It makes a huge difference

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Thanks for the replay . I did not even realize that Texas has an EV inventive - so bonus $$ there
Here's a link to the info on all of the hoops you need to jump through. It took a while for mine to come through but it did eventually.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts