Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2020 Jaguar I-pace Model S
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We unexpectedly have had to drive our 2020 I-pace S here in the Denver area this winter because delivery of the 2022 Ford F150 Lariat Hybrid 4x4 pickup we ordered last April still has not happened (replacing our 2017 F150 as our camping vacation tow vehicle for our 2021 Airstream travel trailer). Not needing it for road trips, we use the I-pace primarily for relatively short trips within the general area of the Front Range of Colorado -- which is why it still only has 12k miles on the odometer.

While we have found the Jag's AWD traction and regen braking to be fantastic for driving on snow and ice, the defroster simply cannot do the job, even on max (i.e. loud) defrost with the a/c on and the temps set at 72 degrees, whenever the outside air temp drops below about 32 degrees F. Seeing that others have had this problem, has anyone out there come up with a solution?

· Registered
153 Posts
…the defroster simply cannot do the job, even on max (i.e. loud) defrost with the a/c on and the temps set at 72 degrees, whenever the outside air temp drops below about 32 degrees F.
Have you tried cracking your window open? I believe interior fog is more a function of the difference between interior and exterior humidity more than temperature. Cracking my window a little helps the defroster clear the windscreen faster. I usually only have to open the window a couple of minutes.

· Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,427 Posts
We unexpectedly have had to drive our 2020 I-pace S here in the Denver area this winter because delivery of the 2022 Ford F150 Lariat Hybrid 4x4 pickup we ordered last April still has not happened (replacing our 2017 F150 as our camping vacation tow vehicle for our 2021 Airstream travel trailer). Not needing it for road trips, we use the I-pace primarily for relatively short trips within the general area of the Front Range of Colorado -- which is why it still only has 12k miles on the odometer.

While we have found the Jag's AWD traction and regen braking to be fantastic for driving on snow and ice, the defroster simply cannot do the job, even on max (i.e. loud) defrost with the a/c on and the temps set at 72 degrees, whenever the outside air temp drops below about 32 degrees F. Seeing that others have had this problem, has anyone out there come up with a solution?
This should be in its own thread as it reads like a problem with your particular cat. My answer here should go with it.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

Test C tests the operation of the recirculation door. You have to drop the glove box fully open (as when replacing the cabin air filter) to watch it operate when the recirculation option is operated. Has the cabin filter ever been replaced? If the door isn't working right, was the filter fully installed and the removable cover correctly re-installed and not broken (like mine was by a dealer tech on the first filter change)?

If the air conditioning doesn't work, it won't be able to condense out the moisture. The car has a humidity sensor and it uses the AC to control the humidity level.

Check all floor areas (footwells and boot) for any soaked areas. If you find any then you have a leak and there's too much moisture inside the car.

The drain tube reference is for the drain tubes in the climate ducts that allow condensation to drain out. You know the normal moisture dripping you see under the car in summer when the AC is used.

Does the cabin warm up? If not you may have a failed HV heater.

Does air come out and get directed up to the windshield in defrost mode? If not, then the demist distribution motor may not be working.

Is this only the windshield? Do the side windows fog up too?

Do you have the electrically heated windshield or non-heated windshield?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you tried cracking your window open? I believe interior fog is more a function of the difference between interior and exterior humidity more than temperature. Cracking my window a little helps the defroster clear the windscreen faster. I usually only have to open the window a couple of minutes.
We will try that, thanks

· Registered
729 Posts
We will try that, thanks
I'm on my 4th winter and have driven in -30c without any issues tha I recall. I have the heated windshield though, bit not sure how much I rely on that in addition to the defroster. I'll test it out and see, bit it sounds like you might have an issue with your AC as it is used as a dehumidifier in the winter.

· Registered
6 Posts
I'm on my 4th winter and have driven in -30c without any issues tha I recall. I have the heated windshield though, bit not sure how much I rely on that in addition to the defroster. I'll test it out and see, bit it sounds like you might have an issue with your AC as it is used as a dehumidifier in the winter.
I left my 2019 HSE in Syracuse for a week and on my return there was an inch of solid winter crud on my windshield and the heater got it off very fast. Only my second use of it but it worked like a charm. Yes Aruba was great

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I left my 2019 HSE in Syracuse for a week and on my return there was an inch of solid winter crud on my windshield and the heater got it off very fast. Only my second use of it but it worked like a charm. Yes Aruba was great
My 2020 model S defroster works fine on the exterior. The problem is major fogging up in the interior when the outside temp drops to or below freezing. It does not have the heated windshield

1 - 8 of 8 Posts