Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Icontrol message to phone says car going into deep sleep mode as i havent driven it for a few days. Its asking to set a wake up time.

Is there an advantage to setting a wake up time vs just getting in and driving away? Better for battery or efficiency or faster to 'boot up'?

·
Registered
276 Posts
One might be the ability to turn on the climate remotely. I travel a lot and can't turn on the climate remotely when I arrive if the car sat for a few days. I just tried setting a departure time in advance to see of that helps (I'll find out Saturday).

·
Super Moderator
1,159 Posts
Icontrol message to phone says car going into deep sleep mode as i havent driven it for a few days. Its asking to set a wake up time.

Is there an advantage to setting a wake up time vs just getting in and driving away? Better for battery or efficiency or faster to 'boot up'?
A wake up timer will allow you to use the remote app for climate, etc. without setting the timer the car won’t wake up until you get in it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Updated to h264 last month. Don't seem to get the deep sleep notifications anymore. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I don't recall ever getting one in the first placer (although it has gone into deep sleep maybe few times in the last year, so maybe I missed them).

·
Registered
779 Posts
At least with Tesla, if you pinged the car via the phone app, it would prevent the car from going into a deep sleep mode. Some apps were notorious for periodically pinging the car even if you weren’t aware of it.

This resulted in increasing phantom drain which I found to be an issue. Some times you’d lose 5-6 miles a day and other times you’d have no phantom drain. It was nearly impossible to figure out what was causing the different behaviors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts