Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the following notice from Wattcat (see attached). What is all about? I have been driving so why it will go to deep sleep? What will happen if it does? Do I need to set a wake up time as instructed? I have 8 hours to do do that, really? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
678 Posts
If you have been driving regularly, this should not happen! Mine has entered deep sleep a few times, but that was during the beginning of Covid-19 and we were not leaving the house. I know set a wake up timer once a week, just in case I will not be driving Kitty. But, since she is my daily driver....I usually have to drive somewhere at least 1-2 times a week.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I got the following notice from Wattcat (see attached). What is all about? I have been driving so why it will go to deep sleep? What will happen if it does? Do I need to set a wake up time as instructed? I have 8 hours to do do that, really? Thanks.
It's a weird situation. The car goes into deep sleep after sitting for 4 days but the wakeup timer must be set within 48 hours. WattCat is just sending a reminder.

·
Registered
691 Posts
What will happen if it goes to deep sleep?
The most noticeable thing will be the loss of communications between the car and InControl Remote app & WattCatt. Deep sleep is mainly to save the 12 volt batteries so most car processes will shut down but the car will be ready when you press the start button for sure.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
A medical team comes in to determine if it's brain dead. ;)

Seriously though, if this follows the pattern of Tesla, simply opening a door or contacting it with the remote, should wake it up.
That would be nice, but opening a door does not wake it up. Lock and Unlock does not wake it up. Starting the car does not wake it up. It seems the car must not only be driven, but a 15 min drive :-O This is terrible on JLR's part. A simple door lock and unlock should wake the car up.

·
Registered
776 Posts
That would be nice, but opening a door does not wake it up. Lock and Unlock does not wake it up. Starting the car does not wake it up. It seems the car must not only be driven, but a 15 min drive :-O This is terrible on JLR's part. A simple door lock and unlock should wake the car up.
I'm trying to reconcile your post and Curt's. If you start the car and drive 10 minutes (not 15) and park, then what? If you go into a store and return to the car, wouldn't it just start again? So I'm trying to get a grip of what the negative impact of this issue would be. As long as you can get in the car and start it, what's the issue?

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
I'm trying to reconcile your post and Curt's. If you start the car and drive 10 minutes (not 15) and park, then what? If you go into a store and return to the car, wouldn't it just start again? So I'm trying to get a grip of what the negative impact of this issue would be. As long as you can get in the car and start it, what's the issue?
If the car enters deep sleep, there is no problem getting in a driving. The problem with deep sleep (for me) is that is disables In Control Remote.....and once in deep sleep, you cannot do remote climate, lock/unlock doors, etc...

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Ah, OK. That's not as bad as I had envisioned.
Just remind yourself that if your I-Pace enters Deep Sleep mode, your In Control app stuff is basically inactive and I personally have had it not even update or show the correct location my car is parked.

I think the "worst" part of Deep Sleep is for those who want to remote activate climate in severe (hot or cold) weather, but the app is inactive due to the car being in Deep Sleep mode.

·
Registered
94 Posts
My method works, and can be done in my garage. If you are able to drive forward or reverse 12" - 18" and return to your original position, the car's logic thinks it has been driving, and it resets the sleep timer for another 4 days. (y)

P.S. I put marker pen lines on my garage floor and use the front and rear cameras to see where to stop, I can do this reset with my garage doors closed.

Cheers, Steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts