Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local Jaguar dealer is great, but they don't have the actual iPace that I want (which is a 2019 and at a significantly reduced price than a 2020). Will a local dealer swap iPaces with another dealer? How much more should I expect to pay for this? Or is it easier to just buy from the dealer 3 hours away?

·
Registered
893 Posts
My local Jaguar dealer is great, but they don't have the actual iPace that I want (which is a 2019 and at a significantly reduced price than a 2020). Will a local dealer swap iPaces with another dealer? How much more should I expect to pay for this? Or is it easier to just buy from the dealer 3 hours away?
Get it from the dealer 3 hours away. That's exactly what I did
If the your dealer is losing money on the car, they won't trade it to another dealer to lose money on the traded one

You would just Service it at your local dealer in the future

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dealers are much more inclined to give the best deal when it is on a car that they have in stock.

I also heard that Jaguar give extra monies to the cars that the dealer has had in stock the longest, that does not apply if they swap the car with another dealer.

I just leased mine from a dealer 140 miles away, who was the only dealer that had the exact spec I wanted. Did a great deal, which was even better than the very good local deal, with a similar sticker price.

Hope this helps.

Roger

·
Registered
276 Posts
I ordered my IPace and was settling in for a multi-month wait. Later found an almost identical one sitting at another dealer. The did indeed do a switch as I ended up with the car within 2 weeks. Otherwise, if you did not order one and they won't do a switch, I'd gp to the other place.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I will add this: your choice of servicing dealer for the I-Pace will be far more important choice than who you buy from. Secondly, this choice is also far more true for the I-Pace than any other car you have owned. Take it to the dealership with the MOST knowledgeable I-Pace service technician(s). Well worth any extra drive you may have to incur!

·
Registered
691 Posts
I will add this: your choice of servicing dealer for the I-Pace will be far more important choice than who you buy from. Secondly, this choice is also far more true for the I-Pace than any other car you have owned. Take it to the dealership with the MOST knowledgeable I-Pace service technician(s). Well worth any extra drive you may have to incur!
Terrific advice! Yes, absolutely.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
678 Posts
I buy from Hornburg Beverly Hills, but refuse to service there. I service at Thousand Oaks Jaguar Land Rover.

Best advice given above...buy from where ever has the I-Pace you want, but find the best service Dept at any dealer you can!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts