Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2020 I-Pace and can charge with DC fast public chargers, but neither the home charger nor any other AC L2 charger works. It either stays on initializing or gives a charging fault. I’m wondering if anyone has dealt with this and whether there is an easy fix.

·
Super Moderator
1,952 Posts
There was a recent report of the same issue but I don't remember the resolution, if there was one. It may be a defective onboard charger.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got a 2020 I-Pace and can charge with DC fast public chargers, but neither the home charger nor any other AC L2 charger works. It either stays on initializing or gives a charging fault. I’m wondering if anyone has dealt with this and whether there is an easy fix.
I had the same issue. Went back to the dealer - they changed the charge port & harness and the battery control module as well. Was in for 10 days but some of that was waiting for parts which were slower to get due to lockdown issues...hope you get it sorted....

·
Registered
122 Posts
Last year I had an issue where my AC charging would not function correctly, using JB Pro 40 older version, on timed charging for off peak rates after midnight. Wake up in the morning and see that it would try to charge and stop, or erratically charge for a few hours then stop, try to start again, no success. So I had my JB replaced under warranty, they were good about it and it was their recommended fix. Around the same time, I had one day the iPace would not charge, initializing, whether either of my home chargers or local Chargepoint. So i took to the dealer to get diagnosed. Well they put it on a DC charger and said what's the issue. I corrected them and they they tried AC to which is worked again.

Recently, I again had the issue where iPace would not charge, so I try two of my chargers at home, both will not work. I drove to the local Chargepoint, but it had the same issue, would not start a charge. I know I plugged in correctly every time. I drove home and reset my JB Pro 40, plugged it in after reset and then the iPace charged. It is an issue that I have not been able to isolate to the exact root cause and this is only the 2nd occurrence. I suspect if I drove the 15 mins to the closest DC charger, I could get the reset like what the dealer was able to do then have it charge on AC correctly at home again. That will likely be my next test if this happens again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts