Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
A definite problem for T vehicles since they can't wade through 19.7 inches of water like an I-pace without incurring damage (e.g. water in the motors).

·
Registered
571 Posts
With water rising like that I would try to assume the power had been off for some time already.
Water and fuel just don't mix well. Thanks for the photo.
Maybe Tesla should start checking flood maps....

·
Registered
577 Posts
Fortunately, the electricity doesn't flow until the car and charger have a meeting of the minds so one doesn't get electrocuted even in a situation as pictured. I've plugged in during some heavy rains and didn't fee the effects of any stray electrons.

Of course, I'm not usually out and about when we're getting a thorough drenching like the 6 inches of rain I got a couple of days ago. Other considerations have kept me isolated too.

Viruses and bacteria being transmitted via pump and charger handles has a very slight possibility but one might want to have some cheap disposable gloves on hand anyway.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I'd love this clip with an I-Pace in it, connected/charging (Tesla Tap, anyone? OK, doesn't work on superchargers, but...)

"Able to traverse 20 in. of standing water, the I-Pace does things other EVs cannot."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts