Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
336 Posts
2.1.7. The regenerative brake setting has been moved in a really remote area...

Apps (four dots button, bottom left corner on the main screen) > VE application > Settings (bottom right corner) > VE button (bottom of the screen) > Regenerative brake setting is there!

Pffew! Who decided to remove this from the main vehicule settings? Stupid :mad:

PS This update has been installed in two steps, both numbered with the same version number.
I had this update overnight but not engaged with it yet. If you have EV settings on the main pivi panels as a scrollable option, I assume you still get regenerative braking options there? That makes it easy to access no matter where they have put it in the menu structure.

What are the Charging changes they refer to in this update? Any ideas?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
I have the EV panel on the main screen, and no, it doesn't open the same app (eco driv8ng blabla). What is the rationale behind this panel mixing? At least, they could have moved it to the drivers profile !
...and no, I have no idea what has been improved to the charging feature.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
There is a report on one of the German BEV forums that the heating system stopped working after update to 2.1.7. Anyone else experience this?
Hmm no, but the temp is set to LO (very common issue), and the temperature haptic button doesn't work (very common as well). Switch to heating seats and back to temperature (use the touch screen, since the haptic button is not working), and it's ok. The same process applies for not working heating seats (very common indeed). Or maybe you talk about a different issue?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hmm no, but the temp is set to LO (very common issue), and the temperature haptic button doesn't work (very common as well). Switch to heating seats and back to temperature (use the touch screen, since the haptic button is not working), and it's ok. The same process applies for not working heating seats (very common indeed). Or maybe you talk about a different issue?
It sounded like the issue was no hot air from the HVAC system, could be just a coincidence with the timing of the update.
2.1.7 just updating on mine now.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have the EV panel on the main screen, and no, it doesn't open the same app (eco driv8ng blabla). What is the rationale behind this panel mixing? At least, they could have moved it to the drivers profile !
...and no, I have no idea what has been improved to the charging feature.
Just had a look after updating to 2.1.7 and the EV panel on the main screen still provides access with one tap on the cogs icon (for EV settings) to the Hi/Lo regenerative braking options.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just been out for a drive having applied 2.1.7. They have changed something with the regenerative breaking. The Hi setting seems to be much less effective, one pedal driving doesn’t seem like an option. The Lo setting is barely noticeable.

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
336 Posts
I drove mine yesterday in town and on the motorway and cannot say I noticed a dramatic difference will try more tomorrow

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Just been out for a drive having applied 2.1.7. They have changed something with the regenerative breaking. The Hi setting seems to be much less effective, one pedal driving doesn’t seem like an option. The Lo setting is barely noticeable.
I do not see such a change, the behaviour is normal for me (green ligne indicating the regen available power, very low with 100% SOC and with a very cold battery).

·
Registered
336 Posts
I do not see such a change, the behaviour is normal for me (green ligne indicating the regen available power, very low with 100% SOC and with a very cold battery).
Nearly 8000 miles in I know how the car behaves in normal use. I was at 55% SoC and the Hi Regen response has definitely changed since this update. It was better after I reset the braking but not as it was.

The car is always rubbish at regen braking when 100% charged as there is no regen braking effectively at that point.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Nearly 8000 miles <...>
The car is always rubbish at regen braking when 100% charged as there is no regen braking effectively at that point.
OK got it. So I confirm I had to restore the correct setting (high) after the 2.1.7 update, but now it works like before on my car. I drove on very long slopes, and did not notice any change, it seems as effective as it was to me.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Having restored the setting the high regen dips to about half of what it was before when you take your foot off the accelerator, in the Low setting the regen is barely noticeable. The full regen capacity is shown in the driver display (white line which moves dynamically when the car starts at 100% SoC). It might be just an update quirk but the release notes mentioned something about the charging characteristics having been changed. The change might be aimed at reducing the number of complaints associated with rusting disks when one pedal driving.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts