Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2.0.8a20210210Vehicle systems improvements
2.0.620210108Multiple performance improvements
2.0.320201012Battery charge status OK
--< 202010Older release

·
Registered
151 Posts
Any idea what the changes are in the latest update? They always seem to appear for me about 10 days after the first folks get them.

I got 2.0.3 around the 12/10/20 and 2.0.6 on the 10th January

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea what the changes are in the latest update?
Nope... it was an unattended update, si I suspect they felt it was important to install it ;) I needed to reboot the pivi system after, since the integrated sim card lost its apn settings. Everything ok after the reboot.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nope... it was an unattended update, si I suspect they felt it was important to install it ;) I needed to reboot the pivi system after, since the integrated sim card lost its apn settings. Everything ok after the reboot.
It didn't ask you for install? If not that suggests its not a full pivi update (as 2.0.6 was) but a component update. This was rumoured over at the other forum but this is the first time I have heard of someone actually having it applied. How did you reboot pivi out of curioisty?

Strictly speaking the SIM is an eSIM (there is no card its just software) so if they have tweaked the connectivity software that would be good, it has always been pretty slow for me (takes an age for Nav to be available on starting the car for instance).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Correct, It did not ask before and got installed by itself. To reboot Pivi, simply hold the power/volume button for as long as needed (30'').
Regarding the esim, you're certainly right, I have also noted that the mac address is not displayed anymore in the connection settings. Not that it bothers me, I don't need that info. So yes, most probably, it was a communication component update :)

·
Registered
MY21 I-Pace EV400 HSE
21 Posts
My week old I-Pace was taken back to the dealer on Tuesday as I was having issues with the software. The installed version was blank, the SoC in the Remote app was 0% even though it had an estimated range of ~200 miles and the Remote app thought the car needed a service event though the car knew the next service wasn't due for nearly 21k miles.

They were hoping a software update would cure it but they've been unable to get it installed as their pathfinder laptop wouldn't talk with the modules. Today is day three so I'm hoping to get it back but not holding my breath. Not the best start to new car ownership.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The installed version was blank, the SoC in the Remote app was 0% even though it had an estimated range of ~200 miles
This is typical with the older version. I don't know how to force an update (except that fact that they need to enable it in TOPIx), but it seems the dealers don't know how to do that, either...

·
Registered
MY21 I-Pace EV400 HSE
21 Posts
This is typical with the older version. I don't know how to force an update (except that fact that they need to enable it in TOPIx), but it seems the dealers don't know how to do that, either...
You're right they don't, hence why they trailered it back to the dealership for a manual update using Pathfinder, but that's failed too.

Reactions: pcst

·
Registered
151 Posts
I can just about accept that mine had the issues you described as one of the first batch of MY21 cars before the updates were available.

However for a car picked up last week there were at least 2 available updates that should have been applied if not in the factory in the dealership before you got the car. This is totally inexcusable and if I were you I would be making a big fuss about it and demanding some compensation for the waste if your time which could have been easily prevented with some focussed attention from JLR, the dealer or some combo thereof.

It is disgraceful that they are shipping new cars with known and easily resolvable issues like this. I do wonder if the root cause is that JLR currently have no manual route to upgrade the Pivi software but even that would be a shocking failure wouldn't it given Pivi is in range rovers and 3 jaguar models now?

·
Registered
MY21 I-Pace EV400 HSE
21 Posts
I agree, especially as the service error message I reported to them before they delivered. It does seem that dealerships don't have the technical knowledge to rectify these issues. Whether that's because they haven't received training or that Jaguar themselves don't fully understand it, I don't know.

I'll be speaking to them again today. It was only supposed to be gone for 1 day so I didn't need a courtesy car. They offered me one on the second day but I didn't see the point as I thought it would be back with me by now. I think now it's clear this is going to take several days so I'll request one.

Reactions: pcst

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe the trigger is the following: once the esim card has been enabled (once for all), you should open the connection settings in your car, disable and reenable the data. That way, you will be asked to agree with the T&C, and this (re-)enables the connection. After that, you will see the connection level (4G) on the right of the screen, right above or under yur phone's connection level. You may also reset the connection settings.

·
Registered
MY21 I-Pace EV400 HSE
21 Posts
Maybe the trigger is the following: once the esim card has been enabled (once for all), you should open the connection settings in your car, disable and reenable the data. That way, you will be asked to agree with the T&C, and this (re-)enables the connection. After that, you will see the connection level (4G) on the right of the screen, right above or under yur phone's connection level. You may also reset the connection settings.
I did that and I could see the 4G icon. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
What are the know effects of rebooting the Pivi?
Will it then check for new SOTA OS updates?
Mine is still stuck on 2.0.3 and according to the dealer there are no further updates available for the car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mine is still stuck on 2.0.3 and according to the dealer there are no further updates available for the car.
What are the know effects of rebooting the Pivi?
Ha ha ha I love your dealer :) Well it depends, I needed to reboot it to restore data connectivity after yesterday's update.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I don't see the internal connection strength when I have my phone plugged in and it detects android auto. I assume this probably means it pulls data from my phone (which I think would be a good thing) rather than using the internal data feed when the phone is connected?

·
Registered
MY21 I-Pace EV400 HSE
21 Posts
Just had another call from the service department, apparently the case with JLR technical now has a purple alert. He says that apparently this means it's highlighted to them as an urgent issue so hopefully it'll get more immediate attention. We'll see....

·
Registered
151 Posts
It appears that I had 2.0.8a installed on the 10th Feb. You only notice these unprompted updates when you actually go in to software update in settings to check. Would be nice to know what it actually did.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts