Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning was a very strange I-Pace day! Car started fine at 7am. All screens loaded, iPhone paired, satellite radio perfect, all presets perfect.

7:15am I switched the source from SiriusXM to iPhone to listen to a playlist. All was fine, and then the music stopped and the music info on the main screen went blank. SiriusXM worked fine, but no music from phone.

Then my phone would not work. It showed battery strength and cell strength on the main screen, but if I tried to make a call....nothing. Tried restarting the phone, nothing. Even deleted my phone, yet the main screen still showed cell and battery strength info. How is this possible with no phone paired? :-O

Then the 4G network went dead. 4G icon went out.

Then the main screen where it says Navigation/current location just showed --- If I touched on the Navigation menu, it would say something about going to some website and update maps. What?

I let the car sit for 2 hours. When I returned, I put my foot on the brake, and the brake pedal made this horrific grinding/shrieking noise and my brake pedal shook violently. This was just my foot on the brake...the car was off; I had not hit the start/stop button. How, why and what is this?

I repaired my phone and it works fine now. Maps and current location returned as did the 4G. Fast forward 2 hours later...phone is still fine, but now current location/maps is showing --- again, instead of current street/location.

Car feels and drives amazing, besides all this sh*t. Any ideas?! Thanks.

·
Registered
602 Posts
That brake grinding/noise thing happened to me once during early ownership. I stepped on the brake to turn the car on when it happened. Scared the shit out of me. It never happened again.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bruintoo. I took delivery on 12/17 (or was it 12/15) and until this morning I have never heard that brake grinding noise before...and with the car off, so strange. Scared the **** out of me too!! I have since driven my car 3x more today, and no brake noise.

Also, as of 3:30pm this afternoon (Calif. time)...all is perfect again. Phone, audio, media, navigation, maps, location....all in order.

I guess KITTY was having a bad Monday :-O

·
Registered
121 Posts
If it'll make you feel any better, we have both an I-Pace and a Range Rover. BOTH of them offer up a new failure every time you start the car. Sometimes it's a backup camera that doesn't work. Other times, there's no map. Then you get a ride with no audio at all or perhaps no cruise control. We've started calling it the Quirk of the Day. JLR probably calls it a "feature." Fortunately, the same problem has never happened two days in a row. Kinda reminds me of the old British Leyland days except those Jaguar and Triumph vehicles NEVER had a problem that went away on its own.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks NerdUno. While this is my 1st Jaguar, I have had 4 Range Rovers and an LR4 (Discovery). Only 1 Land Rover product was bad (very bad), and the other 4 were so amazing they still remain as my fav cars. None of the issues I experienced a few days ago have surfaced again...so I will chalk it up to a bad Monday!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts