Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if I should try resetting the G-o-M, or let it be?! Any suggestions? While I am super frustrated and annoyed, part of me is amused :ROFLMAO:

Left my house this afternoon (104F outside) and my range showed 204 miles & 83% SOC in Comfort.

By 82% SOC the range changed to 174 miles, still in Comfort (111F outside).

By 81% SOC the range changed to 145 miles, still in Comfort (110F outside).

Climate set to 71 Auto and 71 Auto. No cooled seats on.

Total crazy town, IMO o_O

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Extreme heat is also a drag on electric vehicles. When outside temperatures heat up to 95+ degrees Fahrenheit and air conditioning is used inside the vehicle, driving ranges can decrease by 17 percent, AAA reports".

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
830 Posts
If you haven't ever reset the GOM, then you should. This will eliminate influences of test drives and short drives during shipping and PDI.

However, you're starting off in extreme heat conditions. Optimal battery temperature is between 15C and 30C (34-86F) per Jaguar videos. You're doing 35C+ so it will be wanting to cool the battery and motors as well as the cabin. The cat will be roaring (fan noise) to get back to a cooler garage as soon as possible.

I guess I shouldn't tell you that I haven't used AC in my house for a few days. I almost turned the heat on at night but decided to close the window instead. :) Brrrrr. Low 50s at night.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you haven't ever reset the GOM, then you should. This will eliminate influences of test drives and short drives during shipping and PDI.

However, you're starting off in extreme heat conditions. Optimal battery temperature is between 15C and 30C (34-86F) per Jaguar videos. You're doing 35C+ so it will be wanting to cool the battery and motors as well as the cabin. The cat will be roaring (fan noise) to get back to a cooler garage as soon as possible.

I guess I shouldn't tell you that I haven't used AC in my house for a few days. I almost turned the heat on at night but decided to close the window instead. :) Brrrrr. Low 50s at night.
I reset the G-o-M THIS Monday 8/17, this is why I am extra confused and annoyed with my range dropping from 204 to 145 only using a few % of SOC. I was at 100% this Monday 8/17 and my range was 237. I reset the G-o-M, and it went to 244 or 246 (normal in very high heat).

Today, Weds 8/19, my range was 204 @ 83% SOC, but seems insane for the range to drop to 145 miles @ 81% SOC....even in 111F weather. I mean it was crazy....204 miles, 174 and then 145 miles right before my eyes...all within a few miles of driving!

At 3pm ( PST), my car still says 81% SOC with a range of 145 miles. WTF?! ;)

P.S. NO, you should not tell me about no A/C usage and that you even considered turning the heat on, LOL. It was 90F last night at 10pm!!!! and at 7:30am today, it was still 85F. It's only 104F now :D

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
830 Posts
People suffer heat stroke and don't think too clearly in those conditions. Your kitty may be suffering the same problem. :(
I hope you can chill out soon.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I don't know if I should try resetting the G-o-M, or let it be?! Any suggestions? While I am super frustrated and annoyed, part of me is amused :ROFLMAO:

Left my house this afternoon (104F outside) and my range showed 204 miles & 83% SOC in Comfort.

By 82% SOC the range changed to 174 miles, still in Comfort (111F outside).

By 81% SOC the range changed to 145 miles, still in Comfort (110F outside).

Climate set to 71 Auto and 71 Auto. No cooled seats on.

Total crazy town, IMO o_O
Have you tried playing with the Range Impact gauge? Sometimes, when you turn on or off certain things like climate control the range goes up. Then if you turn climate control back on it drops but not so much. It's been buggy ever since infotainment software version 18 I think.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very funny today! I changed the rear climate temp. from AUTO 72 to AUTO 71, and it added 14 miles to my Guess-o-Meter :) LOL "Thanks Kitty II"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts