Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I would not touch it. You can get new ones with later 2019 build dates for a little more. You have a lot of leverage on aging, new inventory

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Are those data good. It is a dealer demo and never titled so it still qualify for $7,500 tax credit. With CPO, it is covered for 100,000 miles. Still too much risk? At which price point would it worth to consider? Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Thanks. Are those data good. It is a dealer demo and never titled so it still qualify for $7,500 tax credit. With CPO, it is covered for 100,000 miles. Still too much risk? At which price point would it worth to consider? Thanks again.
Last month a FE with 6k miles sold for $51k at auction. Thats the wholesale price and what I would offer for the car
The issue is not price, but the headache you would endure if you have a problem with the car.
A small issue can be taken to the dealer, but JLR might not allow it under warranty. I have experienced this first hand and its a pain

The lower probablity of risk would a be a new car instead of a CPO

·
Registered
108 Posts
I bought a similar early build HSE....dealer demo w/ 2200 miles, eligible for the $7500, and CPO until 100,000 miles. It's all worked out fine for me so far. Less issues than my wife's 2019 HSE that was a later build. I paid $71,000 for mine last October.
I am considering a CPO 2019 I-pace FE with 4800 miles and the following battery data. The small battery is also replaced. What do you all think? I can get it at $60,000 but it is one of the earlier ones, build date is June 2018. Thanks

View attachment 3677

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
You can also try the Jaguar website. I found my car through their inventory finder.
It's very robust

·
Registered
2020 I-Pase HSE in Fuji White
160 Posts
I bought a 2020 HSE, cpo with 3200 last month for 64k. It was loaded and was owned by the owner of the Jaguar dealership. Unfortunately he turned it to get the federal credit. Hope this helps. No issues to speak off. Great car.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I bought a 2020 HSE, cpo with 3200 last month for 64k. It was loaded and was owned by the owner of the Jaguar dealership. Unfortunately he turned it to get the federal credit. Hope this helps. No issues to speak off. Great car.
thanks for bringing back on old thread! For comparison there is one CPO FE for sale right now photon red / black interior with 5k miles and it’s listed for 60k. Competitively priced imho, but still high.

Maybe some people that bought theirs early at a discount can actually turn a profit! Compare that to new ipaces now wherdealers are asking over MSRP many times. No more discounts to be had!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Ask the dealer for the window sticker or build sheet so we can see how it was optioned. CPO is nice for the warranty. It's worth thousands in my belief.
My understanding was that all First Editions were fully loaded. So not sure if there are any specials options. But I could be wrong.

I’ve come to understand why people like a CPO so much. Every dealer tries to find things wrong with a car to fix. The interesting thing with a CPO is that the dealers want to find something wrong knowing the the customer will want it fixed under the CPO and that they can bill Jaguar for the service.

At least at the Porsche Dealers that seems to be their thing. They even wanted to fix up some scratched air vents before a friends CPO ran out. lol. Anything that they could bill Porche for.

Looks like a great deal! I didn't go through the CPO inspection list; as a prospective buyer I would make sure that the traction battery is ok. Not sure that's part of the CPO.
Not looking to buy this one. Just bringing it up as a comparison to what the OP was initially asking.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Correct, all First Editions came with all available options, the 22" wheels (5069) was the only real option, based on my understanding - with the obligatory premium for the privilege, of course!

In my humble opinion a CPO vehicle is the way to go. Someone else takes the depreciation and it is worth paying a smaller premium to know the second hand vehicle meets a standard the manufacturer will stand by.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts