Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after researching and driving the iPace a few more times I've decided to switch over from my Macan Turbo. I've now seen all of the colors in person but have a dilema.. I can't decide between Photon Red and Corris Grey (Yulong White being the sneaky sleeper option). I'd love to hear opinions from people with iPaces in one of those colors!

I feel like the Photon Red suits the car the best but I'm a little concerned it'll draw too much negative attention and I may get sick of it.

Corris Grey is basically the same as my Agate Grey. A nice, safe, luxury color... but my third grey car in a row.

Yulong White also seems to suit the car well and hide dirt surprisingly well.. but so, so many white cars out there.

I realize I have to make the call but I'd love to hear thoughts from people that have lived with this choice!

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts
I’m solidly in the red car camp, however I prefer a bright red. I bought my Photon Red FE without actually seeing it in person and was disappointed in how orange it looked. If I were to do it again, I would get the Cesium Blue, which is crazy because I have never been a fan of blue cars, but the I-Pace looks awesome in that color.
Way to many cars are gray, black or white and just make the I-Pace blend in.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I have Cesium blue and love the color (specially with black optics package and black wheels), but it is attention getting, maybe even more than the red. I don’t own either cars but here is my opinion anyway:

The red is a nice red, unusual, eye catching. But I do wonder whether it will age well over the years. It may, but it is a “fragile” color in that it shifts a lot based on ambient light. This can be good or it can be bad depending on your view.

The gray is elegant, pretty and safe. And I would suggest is the second or third best color for the car shape.

So in a way you can’t go wrong with either, and you will probably have some “regrets” whichever you choose. So you can’t go wrong really.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have Photon Red and almost didn't take delivery of it when it arrived at the dealer.
It was an overcast day and the color was showing too much orange compared to what was in the marketing literature.
I told the dealer to hold it until I could return on a sunny day.
After seeing it in the sun the red comes out a bit more so I took the car.

I already have a blue XKR, a black XF and I didn't want grey. So Photon Red it was.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Same camp as you.

Drove another FE in Photon red this weekend.
My concern is the red seems like I would get tired of it after a while.
The Corris Gray is nice too, but it's a bit bland for me and the few that I've seen out in the wild have all been this color

My favorite ones would be the Blue, then Brasco Gray

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate the responses so far!!

I'm not really a fan of the Blue. Or more specifically, it's a beautiful color but for whatever reason I've never been a fan of brighter blue cars.

I really want to just look at a Photon Red throughout the day but the nearest dealer with one is 160 miles away.. d'oh!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
As a Photon Red owner, I highly recommend it. You want compliments and attention? This is the color. If you want to disappear, get a grey car, sure, but then why get the I-Pace?

It IS more orange than the marketing material shows. I was uneasy at first. However people of all types really like it. Every race. Every age. Every socioeconomic level. People are floored.

My second favorite is the blue. Beyond that, all the colors are a bit meh to me. A regular red looks a bit dull now.

If you want to disappear, get a Model 3. :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As a Photon Red owner, I highly recommend it. You want compliments and attention? This is the color. If you want to disappear, get a grey car, sure, but then why get the I-Pace?

It IS more orange than the marketing material shows. I was uneasy at first. However people of all types really like it. Every race. Every age. Every socioeconomic level. People are floored.

My second favorite is the blue. Beyond that, all the colors are a bit meh to me. A regular red looks a bit dull now.

What a pep talk... hahaha!

jsimon, how have you found the Photon Red to hold up to dirt and such?

·
Registered
896 Posts

If you want to disappear, get a Model 3. [img= class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Very convincing. I wish the FEs had the comfort seats

Any visibility issues with the heated windshield?

What interior color and Can post post pics?

·
Premium Member
128 Posts

This is exactly my experience. If you do not want to talk to people about your I-Pace do not get Photon Red because when you stop and park most of the time you will spend about 15 to 20 minutes of car talk. My wife and I often catch people taking pictures of our car as we walk toward it. Also all your friends will spot you on the road and start honking and waving. Attention Getter to the 10th power!:laugh:

·
Registered
550 Posts
I'm a quadruple-black (exterior paint, exterior trim/grille, leather seats, suede headliner) HSE owner myself, but I was tempted by the Firenze Red. I saw the Photon Red in the dealer showroom and thought it was a grotesque blend of red and orange. (sorry, just my opinion) Grey always looks cleanest!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
What a pep talk... hahaha!

jsimon, how have you found the Photon Red to hold up to dirt and such?
We had it ceramic coated and then use a waterless cleaner about once a week. So it doesn't really get dirty. It's also garage parked at night.

Very convincing. I wish the FEs had the comfort seats

Any visibility issues with the heated windshield?

What interior color and Can post post pics?
I haven't tried the super sporty seats, but the seats are great. No issues with the heated windshield, but apparently it bothers some people. Ours is black seats with the black headliner. I don't like reflections. We custom ordered it within a week of orders becoming available. Got it in December. IMHO, all interiors should be black. Every other color just starts looking crappy over time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the Firenze Red and it is amazingly beautiful!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I bought the first I-pace in new york and of course it was Photon Red. When I first saw it I was taken aback by the orange in it as well. But after only about of week of owning it I fell in love with the color.

If you want a car that as my wife says "has no imagination" then get the grey. If want a car that you love every time you walk toward it or away from it, get the Photon Red.

I have had it now for 11 months and every time I look at it I still say wow I love my car, and the color is part of that.

Oh yes and as others have said many people want to know what it is and you get great compliments.. not just about the design but the color as well.

Most often people say it is "stunning"

·
Registered
550 Posts
I only just noticed your inquiry about the heated windshield. OMG, after discovering the visibility distortion from the embedded wires on my first post-purchase night drive, I consider myself #1 expert on that topic. After battling JLR for months for resolution (they waffled on whether they could simply change out the windshield, finally ordered me a replacement (non-heated) windshield, then changed their mind the day I was supposed to pick it up (even baffling the dealership!), I ordered a replacement (loaded 2020 HSE) to rid myself of that headache and traded in my FE in July. MUCH happier now and my wife has stopped refusing to drive it at night, finally. Best advice I can give is to test drive at night, on BRIGHT roads with lots of oncoming traffic, in heavy rain if possible. At best, the heated windshield gives a glimmer and filmy look during daytime; at night it creates a starry effect that poses a real threat to visibility in certain situations (like left hand turns facing traffic ahead and to the left, with a dark, raised median and/or dimly lit crosswalk hosting a pedestrian). I'm in Florida with zero utility (only took as part of the FE package, unwittingly), but having grown up in Chicago and braved subzero winters, I'd still opt out of the heated windshield for safety over convenience.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I realized I have a couple of really accurate photos of the color, so here they are in case anyone ends up checking out this thread that hasn't seen Photon Red in person. 1st is next to Firenze Red ePace. 2nd is between a red Tahoe and my Agate Grey Macan.

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
When I was first shopping for this model, I didn't like how it looked in the pictures. Part of that was just foreshortening in some perspective angles, making it look squattier than it is in person, I'm sure. But part of it was they were using the red models.

At the dealer, I found its lines looked great to me, and I liked how the other non-red colors looked, also.

I was looking mostly at the white, black, or grey (but the blue looked great, too). Since I was buying on impulse (although only on a second visit, and also after a lot of research), I chose the Corris Grey exterior, based on the interior colors and other equipment available in the cars in stock.

I have noticed that the Jaguar commercials and promotional materials use that color, pretty much all the time. Now is that because it is neutral and more widely acceptable to more people? I assume so. Does it look great anyway? Yes, no doubt in my mind. But opinions vary, as always.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts