Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The cooled seats are not working on my HSE.
Sometimes the bottom works, but it's very a light amount, the back doesn't work at all.
I can hear the fans running, but nothing happens. This applies to driver and passenger seats.

Took it to the dealer before which they said they couldn't find any problem.

To confirm the fans are supposed to blow cool air, not just air?

Also the heating of the seats works fine.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes, the seats are cool to touch. It doesn't have enough cooling power to keep it cool in places were body touches the seat, but outside of that you can obviously tell that they're cool.

Sometimes my body gets used to it and I think they're not working. However if I turn them off, the difference is very noticeable.

·
Registered
798 Posts
The cooled seats are not working on my HSE.
Sometimes the bottom works, but it's very a light amount, the back doesn't work at all.
I can hear the fans running, but nothing happens. This applies to driver and passenger seats.

Took it to the dealer before which they said they couldn't find any problem.

Also the heating of the seats works fine.
I don't have cooled seats on my SE but I do have them on my Fusion. I must have the AC on for them to cool properly.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have cooled seats on my SE but I do have them on my Fusion. I must have the AC on for them to cool properly.
Tried both and it didn't make a difference

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might be time for a trip to the dealer. Sorry.
Yeah I'm going to have to, but I don't want to leave it for a week and I'm sure they will come back and say nothing is wrong or it's on spec.
Im looking for as much data to present a solution to them.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,109 Posts
Besides turning the knob to the cooling settings, have you checked the seat display to ensure the cooling zones are active?

Using the lower display, touch the icon with the seats facing each other. Does it show blue color in the seat areas when expected to be cooling? If not, touch the power icon next to a seat icon.

Touch the seat back or cushion area in one of the seat icons. Does it turn off/on the cooling? (Can also verify heating with this method)

Check for blown fuses. Under the rear seat, remove the panel and check fuses 20 and 21 (20A yellow) They're probably good though.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Another observation ... if you are in Eco mode, the seat cooling is much less noticeable than in other modes.

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
333 Posts
If I recall a previous post, the seat cooling is not connected to the AC but uses dedicated Peltier coolers in the seat itself, so the AC settings should not make a difference. I hope you get it fixed! Personally cooled seats were the best invention in the history of the world and I would not consider buying a car without them ever again.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
If I recall a previous post, the seat cooling is not connected to the AC but uses dedicated Peltier coolers in the seat itself, so the AC settings should not make a difference. I hope you get it fixed! Personally cooled seats were the best invention in the history of the world and I would not consider buying a car without them ever again.
Someone has a really hot tushy. 😆

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
The effect isn't dramatic in the moment, but it's noticeably over time. It's not like sitting an Aeron with a fan behind you or anything. More like a "no sweaty backs" technology.

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
334 Posts
From JLR doc:

" Climate front seats are controlled by the Driver Seat Climate Control Module (DSCCM) and the Passenger Seat Climate Control Module (PSCCM). The seat climate modules are located below the seat cushion on a plastic tray.

The climate seat backrest and cushion contain climate assemblies. The climate assemblies are thermal electric devices which operate on the Peltier principle, which heat up or cool down depending on the voltage provided by the DSCCM or PSCCM. Each climate assembly in the seat cushion and backrest each contain a blower, which blows air over the thermal electric devices to distribute the heated or cooled air through liners in the related cushion or backrest. The blower is also controlled by the DSCCM and PSCCM.

Seat climate heating and cooling for the front row seats is selected on switches for each seat on the Integrated Control Panel (ICP). Pressing the switch selects the seat heating/cooling control menu. The menu allows the user to select seat heating or cooling and allows a number of levels of heating and cooling to be selected."

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dealer is saying that the cooled seats will be roughly 10 degrees F below the cabin temperature.

Probably why I don't feel it, if it's not very hot.

Does this sound right?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just used them yesterday. The back is noticeable, but the seat not so much
Thats so strange. Any other car Ive had didn't have this issue and it wasnt like this last year

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
215 Posts
Had mine on a couple of days ago and it was noticeable in both places

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,109 Posts
The fans have filters on them. Is it possible that yours (PS702) have become clogged due to excessive dust getting into the cabin?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The fans have filters on them. Is it possible that yours (PS702) have become clogged due to excessive dust getting into the cabin?
Its possible that's its clogged, but the lower seat should be that way and its not. Either way the dealer says its in spec

1 - 20 of 22 Posts