Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
281 Posts
That reminds me, I have a "handle" I found in the trunk with other accessories I got that has a frunk symbol on it. It might be what is sort of in the screen capture on the right side. Any ideas what it is? I can post a picture of it if it would help. It is female threaded on the end opposite the frunk symbol and looks like a round handle.
That sounds suspiciously like the manual frunk release. It is supposed to be attached in the passenger leg space. You should see a small hole in the padding on the outside of that area.
Mine came the same way. Dealer did not know what it was!

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
185 Posts
I have seen a forum thread describing something similar to this thing.

I believe this is the cover for the emergency frunk release pull cable.

I think it screws into the carpet trim located on the driver or passengers outer footwell.

If it has fallen out there should be a matching hole in the carpet. It should screw in opposite to the arrows on the top.

Cheers, Steve
The knob I posted could be in the footwell of the car? I'll give that a look!

Thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts
My car was delivered with the handle in the foot well also, but I figured it was suppose to be fitted some where in that area and I located it with some help from the owners' manual. I thought mine was a one off. So why is someone removing them and not refitting them back. I cannot come up with any scenario for this happening.

·
Registered
608 Posts
My car was delivered with the handle in the foot well also, but I figured it was suppose to be fitted some where in that area and I located it with some help from the owners' manual. I thought mine was a one off. So why is someone removing them and not refitting them back. I cannot come up with any scenario for this happening.
I think some of the cars are sitting for a long time undriven on the dealership lot and the 12V batteries drain so there's no power to open the frunk.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts