Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a brief article about tires for electric cars. Has anyone had any experience with these or other tires designed specifically for electric cars? Continental's website seems to indicate they have been available for some time. Some features at least SEEM intriguing.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
688 Posts
I-Pace seems to not even be in their data base.

·
Registered
2020 S
65 Posts
Low rolling resistance generally equals low fun. ...Not a good match for an I-Pace. I question how they can claim both good braking and low rolling resistance. I'm assuming they mean good braking for a low rolling resistance tire. It's kind of like when someone says a gluten free bread is good - they mean for a gluten free bread.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Every EV owner I have spoken to complains about tire selection options and tire life. I have the 22 inch wheels and the Pirrel Zeros are one of only two choices on Tire Rack. Having only got 20,000 miles on my Range Rover with the P Zeros I was a little nervous about going that route again. The other option is Continental, but I had the Continental Contact's on an M3 and they looked ragged after 8,000 miles. Whether you like it or not, I have learned you always need to go with the OEM tire. Typically the auto manufacturer has worked closely with the tire manufacturer looking at the suspension geometry in incredible detail and matching it to the very best tire available. Pirellli's may not last that long, but if you rotate them every 6,000 miles you should get 20K. Or you can buy into the obvious marketing crap of Continental and get sold a vanilla bag of goods.

·
Registered
2020 S
65 Posts
Very few tires made in the I-Pace 20" size that I could find on Tire Rack.
True. There are a lot of tires to select from in the slightly larger 255/50/R20 size. This size results in the same outer tire dimensions as the 255/40/R22 size also used on the I-Pace. Anyone try the 255/50/R20 on the I-Pace?

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
321 Posts
These looked interesting. Although with only about 800 miles on my I-Pace, I hope to have a little time before getting too interested. ;) 🤞

1 - 9 of 9 Posts