Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2019 BMW i3S had 4 drive modes: Sport, Comfort, EcoPro and EcoPro+

When in Sport or Comfort, if you selected EcoPro or EcoPro+...you would really feel the power reduction whilst driving. If you selected EcoPro+...heat, A/C and seat heating would be turned off, and not allowed on and available power was really cut down.

In my new I-Pace, when going from Comfort to Eco, besides the guesstimated range adding a few miles, I do not feel any difference.

What does Eco actually, really do?

·
Registered
766 Posts
With H264, eco mode now has a 30/70 torque split, front/rear, for better efficiency.

Comfort is 0/100rear

Both has less throttle response than Dynamic Mode

And that Eco mode with H264 really works.
I did 160 miles, mainly freeway driving today, Average speed on there was 65. I calculated im getting 259 miles for a full charge. I would usually get around 215, same route

·
Registered
559 Posts
Speaking prior to H264 update, I find ECO mode less manic than Comfort mode. Power delivery is smoother than in Comfort mode. I actually feel more relax driving in ECO than Comfort.

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
I did 160 miles, mainly freeway driving today, Average speed on there was 65. I calculated im getting 259 miles for a full charge. I would usually get around 215, same route
Wow, a 20% improvement when JLR was only claiming ~8% for the US market.

So your journeys showed you achieved 3.06miles/kWh (32.7 kWh/100 miles)? That’s amazing for 65mph. Did you confirm it based on SOC use - you used about 62%?

Of course some cars are just plain amazing when it comes to fuel economy my mom states she averages about 50mpg with her 12 year old Camry, almost twice as much as any other Camry...

·
Registered
766 Posts

So your journeys showed you achieved 3.06miles/kWh (32.7 kWh/100 miles)? That’s amazing for 65mph. Did you confirm it based on SOC use - you used about 62%?

Of course some cars are just plain amazing when it comes to fuel economy my mom states she averages about 50mpg with her 12 year old Camry, almost twice as much as any other Camry...
That's exactly right (32.68kwh), I believe it was 64% SOC though
On 40 of those miles, there were 3 people in the car and in dynamic mode for a minute, full throttle

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts

That's exactly right (32.68kwh), I believe it was 64% SOC though
On 40 of those miles, there were 3 people in the car and in dynamic mode for a minute, full throttle
Amazing!

·
Registered
766 Posts

This was on 38psi tires, not flat surfaces either. Seats were heated, then cooled, then AC on, then widows down

As an experiment, I would love to have an S, 18" wheels, 50psi tires, 75degree temps, flat surfaces, windows up, no AC

On my Fiat 500E I can get an extra 7% range by drafting being big rigs, but that would be cheating

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies. Glad to know ECO on the I-Pace is a "good" thing.

EcoPro and especially EcoPro+ in the BMW i3 is a total punishment, LOL!!

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
This was on 38psi tires, not flat surfaces either. Seats were heated, then cooled, then AC on, then widows down

As an experiment, I would love to have an S, 18" wheels, 50psi tires, 75degree temps, flat surfaces, windows up, no AC

On my Fiat 500E I can get an extra 7% range by drafting being big rigs, but that would be cheating
Would you mind posting screenshots of your MyEV History screen? It would be interesting to see your numbers.

·
Registered
55 Posts
ECO Mode as default

My I Pace scheduled for H264 update tomorrow. Curious if you can now set ECO mode as default or is it a manual change?

·
Registered
766 Posts
My I Pace scheduled for H264 update tomorrow. Curious if you can now set ECO mode as default or is it a manual change?
Not possible to have a default mode other than Comfort mode
This is required per WLTP standards. JLR is working with the WLTP to change this

·
Registered
766 Posts

Would you mind posting screenshots of your MyEV History screen? It would be interesting to see your numbers.
The 22 mile trip is the lowest Eco score because I was driving in Dynamic for a breif moment

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
266 Posts
This is required per WLTP standards. JLR is working with the WLTP to change this
While that may be a reason, it is a terrible reason. WLTP is not what is required for compliance in the US, and is only applicable in the countries that have adopted it. Jaguar is perfectly capable of making drive mode memory a feature that depends on which country the car is setup for, just like the Matrix Headlights.

·
Registered
766 Posts
While that may be a reason, it is a terrible reason. WLTP is not what is required for compliance in the US, and is only applicable in the countries that have adopted it. Jaguar is perfectly capable of making drive mode memory a feature that depends on which country the car is setup for, just like the Matrix Headlights.
They have said its a few lines of code for a quick update. I suspect there must be more a reason that can't just exempt one country.

·
Registered
766 Posts
How does this data compare to the MyEV History/Journeys? for instance what you see on this screen and the details you get from clicking the bar graph? Are they the same?

Showing the latest one and they are all the same

Attachments

·
Registered
201 Posts
@PS702 where are you located? Just trying to get a sense of your average temps and topography. Those are fabulous numbers.

·
Registered
766 Posts
@PS702 where are you located? Just trying to get a sense of your average temps and topography. Those are fabulous numbers.

Yes, its perfect temps in Los Angeles. Regen is from the hills

For reference, with my Fiat 500e, I'm getting 4.6 mi / kWh

1 - 20 of 29 Posts