Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the look of the comfort seats (fixed head rest), but I noticed a difference in the softness of the leather compared to the Sport Seats.
The side and back feel very rough, but not the center leather.
Sport Seats leather feels softer all around

Is this just my imagination?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I really like the look of the comfort seats (fixed head rest), but I noticed a difference in the softness of the leather compared to the Sport Seats.
The side and back feel very rough, but not the center leather.
Sport Seats leather feels softer all around

Is this just my imagination?
I have the Performance Seats...they're awesome! I've driven another I-Pace (loaner) with the standard Comfort Seats...not that impressed in terms of comfort, looks, and overall feel. I drive my I-Pace about 20k mi/year and currently have > 16k mi. on it now. Love the Performance Seats...well worth the extra costs for this upgrade, imho. :wink2:

·
Super Moderator
1,577 Posts
I'm with the gator. I actually changed my order way back when, to upgrade to the performance seats, and have not regretted spending the extra (not insignificant) amount of $$

·
Registered
108 Posts
Add me to the performance seat category. Just all around better IMO and the one option I'd check if I could only check one.

Have you played with the bolster settings at all? Makes a big difference.

I remember being on the fence about these seats in my Macan Turbo (very similar) for about the first week of owning it but now I'd spec them on any car I ordered without hesitation.

They are a bit firmer but I find that helps with comfort overall.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I can't exactly "+1" the above, as I DON'T have the sport seats, but I suspect (never having actually sat in them) that I might have preferred them.
I'm not a particularly big guy (5'9, 175lbs), and I find the 'base' seats adequate. Comfy enough, but a bit roomy for my taste.
I confess it was oversight (ie, stupidity) on my part when I was doing my 'build'. I got caught up in the details - "eighteen-thousand-way adjustable, heated, cooled, leather that's super-duper-wayyyy better than our other basic leather, which, of course, is quite lovely itself...:" - and thought to myself that "ten-way adjustable heated leather seats" would really be just fine for me. I could save a few grand, or put that towards some other option or options. What I overlooked, of course, was the fact that, accoutrements aside, it's a completely different seat - differently shaped and bolstered - and that it might be more comfortable or a better fit for me.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I also have the performance seat and I picked them because they actually fit me better than the comfort ones, those pushed me forward. If there is anything missing in terms of adjustment (maybe seat length) it hasn’t bothered me, and they look cleaner too.

But I am guessing it may not fit as well if you are a little bigger.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im with everyone about the feel of the performance seats, but I'm very picky with thr quality of the leather. I believe the performance used different leather on certain portions, probably for durability

·
Registered
113 Posts
I too got the performance seats and absolutely love them. They are also thinner than the standard seats, giving slightly more legroom in the back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts