Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can I suggest a radical approach: Take the car for a long trip. If it dies, ask to tow it back to the dealer and let them fix it before you take it back. And insist on a loaner or a rental in the time being. Warranties are wonderful things if we use them.
I appreciate your suggestion however the issue is... you are on a long trip, like I was, the car needs to be towed to the nearest dealer ( 150 miles away ). The tow truck can take the car but legally no passengers... Now what ? You are stranded with no way back... BTW, the road side assistance pays one way only...

·
Registered
21 Posts
I appreciate your suggestion however the issue is... you are on a long trip, like I was, the car needs to be towed to the nearest dealer ( 150 miles away ). The tow truck can take the car but legally no passengers... Now what ? You are stranded with no way back... BTW, the road side assistance pays one way only...
FYI, as far as the dealer was concerned ..they fixed the problem by simply charging the car... no idea why it happened ... a loaner or warranty wasn't relevant in this situation.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
628 Posts
FYI, as far as the dealer was concerned ..they fixed the problem by simply charging the car... no idea why it happened ... a loaner or warranty wasn't relevant in this situation.
You need to not accept the vehicle w/o a true fix. Leave it with them and insist they diagnose the issue that caused the problem.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Well I am glad to have this forum as it has helped me considerably and it appears that I have helped others find solutions to the issues they had in common with mine. The most recent was a dead car when I was on a trip 150 miles north of the dealership. The 12 volt battery died for no known reason ( as per dealer mechanic ) which left us stranded. No fix just a recharge when it was toed back to the dealer and them sent us on our way..
Like the others I love driving this car.... however based on the fob issues ( car won't start or doors don't open ), the Gear fault, dead car etc I have no confidence in a long drive anymore..
Pretty expensive toy to just drive locally but as I have 30 months left on the lease I will make the best of it.
The 12V battery problem is well known. Mine failed while at the body shop. The dealer installed an aftermarket battery instead of OEM. This makes me theorize that the OEM battery is problematic. Perhaps you have another bad 12V or a problem with the BECM.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts