Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the forum. I e been set on an EV for a few months now. First was on the Etron bandwagon, but they aren’t doing much for production right now. Then was considering Tesla Y, almost ordered one! Then stumbled across an IPace. Went and test drove SE. Really liked most things about it. Been researching quite a bit last few days and trying to decide. Working on a deal for the silver HSE with mars red interior, lossedBlack 20” wheels. MSRP $90,200.
They offered me $10,000 off, 0% 72mos.
Plus I would get $7,500 tax credit. Or
Lease $80,200 plus $7500 rebate. Residual onlly $40,000!! 39 mos. 15,000 year. Payment $1187 with taxes and fees included. Or:
$15,000 off MSRP, get my own financing at 2.9 for 72mos.
The latter seems like the best option? I will prob onlykeep the car for about 3 years, that’s my history anyway.
Just wanted to get opinions? This would be my first EV and I’m really nervous, but I think I’m ready for the new thing! Thanks

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hi, new to the forum. I e been set on an EV for a few months now. First was on the Etron bandwagon, but they aren’t doing much for production right now. Then was considering Tesla Y, almost ordered one! Then stumbled across an IPace. Went and test drove SE. Really liked most things about it. Been researching quite a bit last few days and trying to decide. Working on a deal for the silver HSE with mars red interior, lossedBlack 20” wheels. MSRP $90,200.
They offered me $10,000 off, 0% 72mos.
Plus I would get $7,500 tax credit. Or
Lease $80,200 plus $7500 rebate. Residual onlly $40,000!! 39 mos. 15,000 year. Payment $1187 with taxes and fees included. Or:
$15,000 off MSRP, get my own financing at 2.9 for 72mos.
The latter seems like the best option? I will prob onlykeep the car for about 3 years, that’s my history anyway.
Just wanted to get opinions? This would be my first EV and I’m really nervous, but I think I’m ready for the new thing! Thanks
Welcome to the forum! I can't comment on the financial questions as it's not my area but I can definitely recommend the I-Pace as long as you know what owning an EV entails. First, the car is an awesome performer and my favorite car ever. However, the infotainment system has some annoying niggles (lags, voice command doesn't work well, some features don't work occasionally but will work upon next startup, etc). These issues don't bother me in the least but if it's something that will drive you crazy then you might want to reconsider.

Vehicle range is something else to consider. Can you live with 200-250 miles? Also there are broken charging stations out there or some stations that don't interface well with the I-Pace.

So, going into an EV with reasonable expectations will keep you from being disappointed.

You'll find a large percentage of forum members LOVE their I-Pace and I hate driving my gas powered car after driving an I-Pace. I will never go back to a standard car because the I-Pace is simply amazing.

Best of luck on your purchase/lease and I hope to read about your experiences!

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
93 Posts
What sold me on the I-Pace was the owner satisfaction across multiple forums. Unlike any car I've seen, and I've been a part of many different forums.

I'd take the 0% financing deal personally, but it depends on how much you want to put down. If you do a 72 month loan and conservatively estimate 2% inflation, the time value of that money alone is over $5k if you finance the entire amount.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have no comment or advice on the money part of your situation.
My I-Pace has been the best car I've owned. Comfortable, great sounding stereo. Cheap to operate (duh....) and a freakin' passing machine on the highway!! It is a true joy to drive, both around town and on the highway.

My range is about 350km, plus or minus, which meets my needs 99+% of the time. Have taken the car on a few longer trips and am very comfortable with the notion of finding DCFC stations along my route and planning for a 30min stop here or there.

Cons include the things you may have read about: somewhat 'buggy' infotainment system; blacked out screens (rare and self-fixing), speeding tickets.....

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
2,269 Posts
I have no comment or advice on the money part of your situation.
My I-Pace has been the best car I've owned. Comfortable, great sounding stereo. Cheap to operate (duh....) and a freakin' passing machine on the highway!! It is a true joy to drive, both around town and on the highway.

My range is about 350km, plus or minus, which meets my needs 99+% of the time. Have taken the car on a few longer trips and am very comfortable with the notion of finding DCFC stations along my route and planning for a 30min stop here or there.

Cons include the things you may have read about: somewhat 'buggy' infotainment system; blacked out screens (rare and self-fixing), speeding tickets.....

Enjoy!
What he said :)

Have you checked that the car you want to buy has a good battery? You need to ask the dealer to run a capacity fade check on the car, and it should come back with a printout that shows you 100% or something close to it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What sold me on the I-Pace was the owner satisfaction across multiple forums. Unlike any car I've seen, and I've been a part of many different forums.

I'd take the 0% financing deal personally, but it depends on how much you want to put down. If you do a 72 month loan and conservatively estimate 2% inflation, the time value of that money alone is over $5k if you finance the entire amount.
I’m thinking about putting $15,000 down. I’d like my payment to be about $1,000 per month. 72 months would be financing $72,000. But if I don’t keep it the full 72 mos and keep it say 36, then I guess the $5,000 rebate would be better. I’m actually leaning towards the 0 percent, I hate paying interest.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What he said :)

Have you checked that the car you want to buy has a good battery? You need to ask the dealer to run a capacity fade check on the car, and it should come back with a printout that shows you 100% or something close to it.
Will they do that for you?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also wondering, do you know if a dealer will change out wheels for you from another I-PACE? The one I like has 20” blacks and I like the 22” rims better. I doubt it, but thought I’d ask.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Also wondering, do you know if a dealer will change out wheels for you from another I-PACE? The one I like has 20” blacks and I like the 22” rims better. I doubt it, but thought I’d ask.
I would say that it depends on the dealer. I wanted to go the other way with 18" for better range and snow performance but the dealer pushed back pretty hard. Perhaps I should have been more insistent.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They will do it if you ask nicely and if they hem and haw you insist 🍺
It's the one big risk in buying an I-Pace off the lot.
I asked them to do it, they said they never have done it, but will happy to do it when their EV tech is working? Is this something everyone does before buying an IPace? Can I update software over air from my home?

·
Registered
692 Posts
I asked them to do it, they said they never have done it, but will happy to do it when their EV tech is working? Is this something everyone does before buying an IPace? Can I update software over air from my home?
You can update the infotainment system at home and some other modules are planned for the future but some updates will need to be done by the dealer.

·
Super Moderator
2,269 Posts
I asked them to do it, they said they never have done it, but will happy to do it when their EV tech is working? Is this something everyone does before buying an IPace?
Good! I don't think many people ask but it's good to know that the battery is ok when you drive it home ... if the car has been on the lot for a while and never charged it might be out of whack a bit. If so, ask them to charge it on the trickle charger or L2 and rerun the test.

Can I update software over air from my home?
What Curt said. But also ask them to enable over the air software updates in Topix (dealer online tool).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts