Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first got my I-pace and for several months this is the screen that would pop-up when I started the car:

Facial air.jpg

But now, for some reason, this is the screen I get when I start up:

Seat comfort.jpg

I would figure that somehow the seat controls have become the default setting at start-up. Can anyone tell me how to get the setting back so that the upper/lower body fan and climate display is the default? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
When I first got my I-pace and for several months this is the screen that would pop-up when I started the car:

Facial air.jpg

Seat comfort.jpg

I would figure that somehow the seat controls have become the default setting at start-up. Can anyone tell me how to get the setting back so that the upper/lower body fan and climate display is the default? Thanks!
Select the Settings icon
Select Display
Select Climate as start-up screen

Funny but there's no option for seat heater so perhaps None is your default. Not sure.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just curious...why do you want to have the climate displayed as default? With auto climate capabilities, your car knows the optimal air distribution method. Ideally, you should be selecting the temperature and let the car do rest of the work.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Just curious...why do you want to have the climate displayed as default? With auto climate capabilities, your car knows the optimal air distribution method. Ideally, you should be selecting the temperature and let the car do rest of the work.
If I have back seat passengers I will select the "upper body" icon and close my left dash vent to increase air flow. There's not much air flow in the back especially in Auto mode. The car does have the smart climate but children in car seats attached via latch system and not seat belts will not activate smart climate. It's rare for me to drive in Auto climate.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Interesting. I wonder how bad it's going to be on a hot summer day w/ the black interior for the rear passengers

·
Registered
235 Posts
Interesting. I wonder how bad it's going to be on a hot summer day w/ the black interior for the rear passengers
We have the black interior and had no problems last summer with temperatures into the 90s (32°C). I set the climate to upper body, closed the driver's side vent and angled the two center vents upwards. Two toddlers we're comfy. The issue is there's not a lot of air flow from the two vents on the b-pillar but it's manageable.

I used the windshield sunscreen which really helped too. It's big and cumbersome but worth the effort.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I too have black interior. Took delivery in December 2018 and have been through a full Florida summer. No problems with heat in the back seat. I have more trouble with heat coming through the front side windows, which I could solve with some ceramic film. The glass roof, small back window and the side windows in back seem to have pretty good UV and heat control.

·
Registered
235 Posts

Steve, have you solved the default setting?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't really like auto-climate. When I need the A/C, I prefer it to blow at fan level 3 or 4, I don't care for the loud or intense rush of air when the fan goes to 'max'. Also, even though electricity is pretty much no-cost for me. I tend to play the range game and like to roll on the frugal side: I'll tolerate some warmth in the summer and cope with being a bit cool/cold in the winter: anything to minimize the drop in range, stupid inclination, eh? Beyond that, I suppose I just like controlling the settings. When I got the car it always displayed the climate settings so I left it alone. As far as I know, that display only shows climate or seats....or blank. Are there other more desirable options?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts