Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that my crisis has passed, I can focus on a mundane issue I'm trying to fix. I have one of those Click N Go units (came with the car) attached right below the driver's headrest. Apparently you need a 'U' shaped tool to remove it. The problem is I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know how to remove this thing without the special tool? I suppose I can ask the dealer, but it would be easy to just remove the darn thing without the tool.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
728 Posts
I took those ugly, **** things off the day I took the car home. Check the glove box, center console or under the floor in the trunk. The U shaped tool should be somewhere in the car. FYI, even with the U tool...these were a nightmare to get off. Anyone not super strong or with arthritis....never gonna come off :(

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,041 Posts
I took those ugly, **** things off the day I took the car home. Check the glove box, center console or under the floor in the trunk. The U shaped tool should be somewhere in the car. FYI, even with the U tool...these were a nightmare to get off. Anyone not super strong or with arthritis....never gonna come off :(
Makes me glad mine are built into the seat back and not the add on accessory.

JAGUAR Accessory Fitting Instructions

Maybe fabricate something or use a mate's hair pin? ;)

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m not sure a hairpin would be strong enough. I wonder if a needle nosed pliers might work. I don’t want to scratch the headrest supports in the process either. I may go into surgery tomorrow and try something.

Annoying little buggers.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I’m not sure a hairpin would be strong enough. I wonder if a needle nosed pliers might work. I don’t want to scratch the headrest supports in the process either. I may go into surgery tomorrow and try something.

Annoying little buggers.
Ken, I have two of these tools. Can I send you one? PM me your address if you'd like.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Curt, that would be great! Let me check once more and if I can’t find it I’ll PM you. If necessary, once I use it I can send it back to you with a bowl of milk for your kitty. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts