Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone go with a ceramic coating and or clear bra on their I-Pace? I'm on my second I-Pace, first one just replaced because of issues with first and decided not to get the dealers ceramic coating package. Instead going with a professional dealer that installs Opti-coat pro plus. When I talked to them about it they also suggested Xpel ultimate plus PPF for front of car and some side high impact areas. I'm going to have them do the b pillars for sure since they show swirl marks so easy.
I'm tossed if it ready makes sense to get the clear bra and how it will look and affect gloss and shine. To me I feel like putting the bra on would limit the max shine I can get after detailing.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
303 Posts
I haven't done it yet (I don't get much time through the week, and most shops are closed on weekends), but I plan to get an Xpel bra and rear bumper cover so the CAV decals aren't on the paint itself and when they are useless I can just peel off the ppf.

I had an Xpel bra on my previous car (2012 Audi A6). It worked really well. No chips on the leading edge of the hood after 7 years.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
We have a ceramic coat all over the car. I haven't bothered with a clear bra or anything like that. I figure it's a car, not the Mona Lisa, and only so much protection is worthwhile.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We have a ceramic coat all over the car. I haven't bothered with a clear bra or anything like that. I figure it's a car, not the Mona Lisa, and only so much protection is worthwhile.

What he said^^^^^

My detailer (who visits socal once a year) works with CS II products. They come in several quality gradations. I went with the base ceramic coating on our leased I-Pace and Q7, a higher grade on my 911 DD, and Titanium on my pristine '91 NSX which previously had opti-coat. Quite pleased with the results in all cases.

Spyder

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Post 5
https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/289-jaguar-i-pace-ev-400-photos-videos/2767-share-pictures-your-jaguar-i-pace.html

My detailer said keeping the ceramic coat reloaded will take care of the coating, so no need for the clear bra.
Ceramic coating alone won't protect against rocks chips, scratches, etc. I had it on my first I-Pace and plenty of rock chips on the front; it was black.

I decided to go with the coating and XPEL PPF and XPEL tint. https://www.xpel.com/

Getting full front and all doors wrapped with Carpro skin coating on top then Opti-coat pro plus everywhere else. Carpro Leather for interior protection.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I went with SunTek PPF on the entire front. No ceramic coating. As fedorachef mentions, ceramic will not protect against rock chips, which accumulate like crazy in Northern CA.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I went with SunTek PPF on the entire front. No ceramic coating. As fedorachef mentions, ceramic will not protect against rock chips, which accumulate like crazy in Northern CA.
Squishball how does the PPF look? Can you even tell it's there? I was considering this for my front end as well. Also if you dont mind I'd love to know how much you spent so I can compare...I'm in SoCal

·
Registered
136 Posts
I did ceramic only on the whole car. There was an option to do the windows as well, but that sounded like a bad idea to me. Has anyone tried that yet?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just got my car back and man it looks sweet. The guys at Appearance Solutions in Sacramento, Ca did such an awesome job. I can't see any seams on the car. Slickness and shine are perfect.

• Full detail w/ paint correction and polishing - all work done by Appearance Solutions
  • Xpel Ultimate Plus PPF - Entire front, doors and pillars, and some high impact area in the rear Xpel PPF
  • Carpro Skin on top of PPF Carpro Skin
  • Opti-coat pro + everywhere else Opti-coat
  • All windows tinted w/ Xpel Prime XR Plus Xpel tint
  • Roof 50 / Windshield 70 / Sides & Back 20

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm getting the clear bra and ceramic coating put on next week. As previously mentioned, the ceramic coating will not protect against rock chips.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks mint!
I'm getting the vinyl on forward high risk areas plus rear bumper.
Ceramic coat over the top.
The extra wait is frustrating, but will be worth it.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I did ceramic only on the whole car. There was an option to do the windows as well, but that sounded like a bad idea to me. Has anyone tried that yet?
I did ceramic pro on the windows. Like a mediocre rainx that wears off soon. It was a good overall price, though. Hundreds cheaper than anywhere else for just the car, so no worries from me.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I just had a clear bra installed then had ceramic coating over everything.
So I went back and forth, but ended up with both.
If nothing else should be easier to wash and keep clean.:smile2:

Reactions: fedorachef

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just had a clear bra installed then had ceramic coating over everything.
So I went back and forth, but ended up with both.
If nothing else should be easier to wash and keep clean.[img= class=inlineimg]https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/images/I-PaceForum/smilies/tango_face_smile.png[/img]
You'll love it. Car washes are a breeze. Use Carpro reload to refresh the shine when needed. I'll actually use Carpro Elixir as a drying aide and it keeps it glossy looking. I also used Carpro leather as a ceramic coating for interior and it works great so far and very easy to apply. I have the lighter grey interior and it prevents blue jean stain marks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts